What deck is best for building your own electric skateboard?

So I bought that deck and it’s super wide. You guys think my caliber II’s are good for it? 184mm*

1 Like

Caliber’s are 184mm.

1 Like

yup! 10" wide. No problem He never emailed me back! I was going to get you a deal on it…

@psychotiller Aww, I thought you were gonna get ME a deal on it? Lol. Thanks for trying though. Now I’m torn between the mid-length kick tail, a drop down version.

How do you all feel about drop down or drop through decks? I’m running 97mm wheels, so I think I could get away with a drop deck, and still have clearance for the enclosure, but I’m not sure about the motor. Would the motor have to be mounted outboard, or could it still fit inboard? I like the lower center of gravity, but most of the drop decks I come across have really long wheelbases. Any favorite decks or feedback in this department?

Man! I’m having a hard time keeping up with who’s who and what’s what lately…sorry. if he emails me back do you want me to get it for you?

Haha, no problem. I’m just glad you emailed him. If he emails back, I am still interested. I’d first like to know the “out the door” price, gripped and shipped, but most likely I’ll go for it, if it’s a good deal. Still wish their $45 deck option actually rang up at $45…might not be having this discussion! Thanks again.

hi, Im new to this and I have a few doubts regarding decks. I have a strong not flexible arbor deck which is meant to be for downhill, and I am worried that it is probably to heavy for an e board… I weigh about 60 kg and I really want this think to go fast. Maybe with a bigger motor or would you recommend two motors… or maybe buying a lighter deck… also, I have abec flashback wheels which (the side that goes in the truck) the rubber goes all the way to the truck leaving no plastic to drill… I hope you understand me, should I drill through the plastic? or should I buy new wheels, and if I do, should I buy only one or all 4 should be the same? thanks a lot @onloop

@jjjaime123 that deck will be fine, it will still go fast so long as you put the right motors on it.

Hello there, I am new to any kind of boarding so here is my question, While I was looking for the right board after reading the article I saw a note on the product description that says “THIS BOARD ONLY WORKS WITH SIDEWINDERS” What are sidewinders?

Thanks

Trucks http://www.tactics.com/gullwing/sidewinder-ii-longboard-trucks/9-silver

Here are two boards I ordered came in yesterday.

1 Like

I really like that double kick. where did that come from?

1 Like

http://m.ebay.com/itm/36-x-9-25-Double-Kicktail-Longboard-Deck-/172256750858?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150519202348%26meid%3D57510fd461ec43b68916fbd7c7ef525d%26pid%3D100408%26rk%3D7%26rkt%3D20%26sd%3D182169748244&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

Awww those ebay decks look exactly what I need for my first build, but the shipping to the UK is $65 :confused:

@chickasskick Welcome to the eskate mosh pit

Good to see another woman on the forum!

@XvDarkVAngelvX need to get your wife on mate!

Been :yum: trying. I’ll continue to nag here :man: her till she joins. :ok_hand:

And what if i buy this longboard and put the drive kit from enrtion on it, is it big enough? http://www.oxelo.co.uk/bamboo-bauhaus-longboard-id_8330718

Everything will fit fine, but the deck is flexy. So you will have to split your battery pack and esc into two enclosures like Boosted or use a smaller pack that fits on or side.

1 Like

7 Likes

It will be a big battery, like space cell pro 4 one. I’ll put vesc at the back with the moter and put the battery pack at the front, and maybe i can lower de battery so the board can felx without the battery flexing