What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

What are these for? I’d love to mount some on my 3d printer and robotic arm.

Part of Boba fetts armor

How does the application and curing process work? What kind of prep does the surface to be coated require?

What all equipment is needed? Is it toxic during curing?

Shit, I need to just research this more.

Imagine being able to really customize all the metal components on a high end build.

Talk about “taking it up a notch”

3 Likes

Why not use a powder coating setup. It is surprisingly cheap to get into if you have a compressor and a toaster oven. Not sure how it compares to cerakote but it holds up well.

2 Likes

@chaka It tends to chip where screws are, but other then that it works well. I have a set of @akhlut motor mounts that are powder coated in matte black. imagejpeg_0

2 Likes

Rocks from the road will chip it too. Would be intersting to see how much better some of these firearm coatings do. There is an outfit north of me that specializes in a coating similar to cerakote and I have been tempted to utilize them on some projects.

The freak in me is tempted to thin some epoxy and tint it with pigment. Just need something to take the shine out so it would cure in satin or matte.

@Colson003 is it a 2 part coating, does it use a catalyst…?

2 Likes

Powder Coating adds a good bit thicker layer than cerakote I think.

And cerakote is more resilient

4 Likes

Anodizing and or cerakote seem to be the way forward.

2 Likes

Whenever I hear of an indestructible finish I always think to myself, “you better get a can of hope and dreams too!” but my friends fancy piece still look fresh. Maybe he will let me strap it to the bottom of my board for a day?

Ok. Lots of questions to answer. @Sender

Application just involves a low pressure spray gun. 2 light coats is all it takes.

Curing is simply cooking in an oven at 300 degrees Farenheit for 45 minutes.

Prep work is sandblasting followed by being wiped down with acetone.

I cant imagine that it’s toxic during curing. Then again, its in an oven.

Equipment; low pressure spray gun, beakers/syringes to accurately measure catalyt to the cerakote, oven.

@chaka yes its a two part coating, more catalyst makes the end result …glossier? Less catalyst takes longer to cure and has more of a flatter finish.

Yeah powdercoating adds significantly more to the surface as compared to Cerakote which barely makes a difference when it comes to the inner workings of the action in a firearm. That is why we use it.

6 Likes

Do you make these?20170516_150446

1 Like

yep!

if you need something special just PM me.

4 Likes

Submitted an order form for the x braces, looking forward to getting them

1 Like

Do you have the stl posted anywhere and what are the red things called? I’ve been looking for them and for the life of me, I have no idea how to search for them haha

countersunk washers :wink:

I try to pm you a stl file.

1 Like

Hey @akhlut long time man. Can you make me a sexy X brace for the @trampa HolyPro deck?

We are more active on the other forum these days. Go chat there

https://forum./t/what-are-those-x-things-called-order-form-on-post-1/2191

1 Like

These Razor wheels are dope. I love them. I wish the company that made these would mill them to fit regular skateboard trucks.

@akhlut is there anyway you can make the x washer, with a hex hole? so it could hold a hex nut without turning?

Hey matt. I just found this old thread. Are you still making/selling the ex deck reinforcers? Im looking for 2 sets and possibly local to you. Im in Easton, pa . Thanks man. Text if you wish, actually i prefer that. Paul 908-329-0397