What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

Yeah! I first sandblasted them then sprayed the cerakote on, I really like how they turned out!

6 Likes

Poor Mans X Thing :joy:

20190406_200751

21 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-2/88821/416?u=chupacabra

9 Likes

How you do this? Looks amazeballz!

7 Likes

Totally thought about doing this lol. Nice

1 Like

Well after @Colson003 posted his braces i did some research about Cerakote and found these guys close to Seattle. I got this done for $60.

7 Likes

So sick!

4 Likes

OK. That’s awesome. $60 isn’t even a bad price for what they did. They’re beautiful.

(begins googling cerakote setup)

6 Likes

I wonder if you can cerakote the raw bars of aluminum and then mill them.

For a 2-tone look. Maybe. I’m not sure how well ceracote likes to be cut. It might cut clean or it may tear.

2 Likes

Me too, lol.

$1700 training class. Dayyyum.

5 Likes

ya. no joke. A bit steep for esk8. But imagine the trucks and parts you could do. Some crazy shit for sure.

1 Like

These honeycomb V claw were just too beautiful to just defile them with alum black. I knew I’d have to swag them up with color the moment I laid my eyes on these beauties. It was either Cerakote or anodizing. I was blown away by all the artistic stuff the Cerakote guys do. It also adds a layer of protection.

1 Like

Yeah, that finish is beautiful. Love the textured black over the red.

Buy how did you not do GREEEEEEEEEEN?!?!?!

1 Like

I was definitely tempted but my bloodlust got the better of me :joy::joy:

1 Like

Man. Like an acid yellow base coat and green over the top and in the cracks would be amazing.

I wonder how big the setup would be. And how much it would really cost.

You can also do wood… imagine the decks.

2 Likes

I’ll just chime in a little bit here. I work at a firearm factory here in Utah, we use cerakote for all of our actions and barrels that aren’t carbon fiber. For being a very thin layer it lasts a very long time and is surpisingly durable.

I’m no expert on it but I’ve learned a fair amount in the last 4 months. Just to give an idea on pricing one of the larger bottles below lasts for roughly 100 barrels and costs about $100. The pink one can do about 10 barrels and cost somewhere around $25. Its not cheap to get into for personal use ($500ish), however the results might be worth it to some.

TLDR; expensive, but can have amazing results

2 Likes

Thats not bad given the level of protection it adds. And the colors are really nice. I wonder how clean it would be for filling engravings.

I’ve never tried this, but what i imagine you could do is spray a layer over the engravings and then wipe off the excess with a rag.

3 Likes