We need the parts from the ExWay

Going to need to raise the deck about 3mm, or cut through the bottom, weekend project begins!

@Winfly how did you find the direct drive trucks on your new board?

2 Likes

What do you mean?

@Winfly how do you find the lofty direct drive motors, are they worth investing in over the exway riot or Hub motors?

Im keen to Swap them on to this board with the double trucks.

How well do they handle the torque Compared to a conventional setup gear and pulley system like with the riot.

Tempted to sell the riot pack and install lofty direct drive.

1 Like

they are strong in torque and give you full urethane wheel options. brakes are strong and ideal to use with VESC idk about the 12S hobbywing esc in the exway. keep in mind that it’s DKP so very carvy and will be very unstable at high speed. also you will need big wheels like 107, 110 in order for the motors to not always bottom out. I’m riding them with 97 and hitting shit all the time. its kinda annoying when you loose traction. if you have smooth pavement then that’s a non-issue.

If it doesn’t quite fit, make it fit!

A bit of fine sanding and the seal With a coat of carbon on the bottom and she’ll be smooth and silky in no time.

Ultimate sleeper!

2 Likes

Did you finish the upgrade ?

1 Like

Still waiting for 40 Samsung 30Q’s been waiting for ever

you drilled through the entire deck?? seems the deck might snap in half?

2 Likes

I remember Acton did this with there Kickstarter boards, but they eventually discontinued because the cutout thru the board wasn’t stable.

@snowriderau Be careful because it does seem like it can definitely could snap in half. You should have just add layers of fiberglass on top and made the job easier.

I don’t see any way to restore the structural integrity, but I applaud the commitment.

1 Like

I am in dire need of a new hub motor (or 2) for the Exway X1… my motor is “shorted”… idk from what… prob water damage though… pretty pissed about it… anyone have cheap motors for me? Please shoot me an email at [email protected] if so