We need the parts from the ExWay

I know that the controller of exway has nothing to do with vesc6. There is not only one excellent engineer in the world.

1 Like

Sure? 10 char.

I’m hearing what I’m writing directly from Exway in China. I will clarify again, but unless there is an interpretation error, when I asked if they were using vescs they said something along the lines of no but it’s a derivative.

I’ll edit my OP for now so people don’t get confused… This is why I typically don’t post unfinished work :grimacing:

1 Like

I am asking for the boss of exway The exact reply, no reference to vesc. Because exway is working with hobbywing. Hobbywing uses FOC technology much longer time than vesc

2 Likes

THX for clarifying that. So no hopes for the hackers to play with the source code.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification! I definitely interpreted incorrectly. The rest of what I wrote isn’t inaccurate though, just grab an ubertooth and see for yourself. Although I’m not sure if that’s a property of the dev mode or not…

2 Likes

Hobbywing is mainly making ESCs for the RC industry, which is just becoming FOC aware as far as I know… Do you have an example of any FOC hobbywing ESC?

https://detail.1688.com/offer/534136804540.html?spm=0.0.0.0.uIwFFy This is a product released before June 2016 20180705101525 They do not sell to DIY players, they only receive orders from companies.

1 Like

hi does anyone know what charge port cover the exway has?? i want to make the same magnet charge port… only i cant find such magnetic protection cover for the charge port…

help pls!

Most likely custom made, its easy to do though.

3D print a cover, make a mold out of the printed one find a magnet put it in the mold poor silicon into it let it be good and its good.

Or cut it out of some silicon stuff.

can you make me one?? i will pay you port like this https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Waterproof-laptop-power-magnetic-dc-connector_60724126426.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.11.34fe614aXkTIea

Sadly not, not alot of time and no tools.

I dont really do diy more, just on the forum to look around.

About 3 months ago I purchased my first board, an Exway. Loved it but I quickly ran out of range. I especially liked the remote and the smooth takeoffs with quickly building acceleration. I purchased a Bamboo GTX to solve my range problem. Love it even more because of the carving (surfer, not skateboarder), except even after a month of 5 to 10 miles daily I have not gotten used to the remote and the sudden starts. No drop out or connection problems yet. I haven’t decided what to do with the Exway. Can I swap the Exway ESC or VESC (it wasn’t clear to me that was settled in this thread) and remote into the Evolve board? I can turn a screwdriver and solder and such. I miss the Exway app also.

Sorry for dropping in late. This thread was just too applicable to not give it a try.

1 Like

the ESC in exway is for hub motors. Most likely it won’t run as nice with evolve outermotor. The simple things you can do to change to vesc in the evolve and you can use whatever remote vesc compatible. Or if you like everything of the exway expect range, change the battery.

2 Likes

Ok so found an Exway Pro with a riot Pack on EBay for $900 AUD

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113861904843

Im going to probably switch out the Riot for new HubMotors, so will post if they are for sale soon, 1 more exway pro for $900AUD still going.

Just got my exway, it’s got a fair amount of Torque, pulls even a big guy like me up hills (110kg) obviously worried about range, and wondering battery upgrade options?

@sofu do you remember how much room is in the battery pack? Ideally I want to be able to add another 12s2p in parallel on the deck or wondering how much room in the battery compartment there is if you made the board a bit thicker.

There’s 0 room in the deck itself. You can add an extra pack underneath the deck though

image image image

If make the decks little thicker or cut through, I think there’s room for a 12s3p pack in there.

Time to get a router and get this 12s3p squeezed in… could stretch to 12s4p…

4 Likes

If it fits. I’ll so that to my exway. I would be happy with just 12s2p

1 Like