Washington D.C. Metro ESk8 Enthusiasts- Meetup?

Yeah, I’d be down for a group ride some time. This weekend, 2/18 or 2/19 work for me. After that weekends in March, starting with 3/11.

Mt Vernon Trail would be good. It can be pretty hairy with cyclists and runners at certain stretches though, so going as early as our wits can handle would make it more enjoyable.

Alternatives: (1) Capital Crescent Trail, starting in Bethesda, MD and ending in Georgetown (7 miles). Would need to take metro back up to Bethesda unless if you have a battery that can take 7 miles uphill. :smile: This can also be busy near Bethesda. (2) Metropolitan Branch Trail, starting at Union Station and ending at the Dew Drop Inn (2.5 miles, ending with beer and food). Pretty clear and open for us.

1 Like

Great ideas, yeah I’d totally be down for these, ending with food/drink sounds choice

1 Like

I can go as early as 9AM on Saturday 2/18, maybe 10 will be good if we are aiming to grab food after the ride.

Dig the idea of beer/food but 2.5miles doesn’t seem far enough. @bshow22 has a Bamboo GT that should make it there and back, we can also recharge in Georgetown, maybe go to Thunderburger (opens at 10am).

I’m pretty far behind on my winter projects, I’ll have to hit the next one.

2 Likes

I’d be down for Saturday. How about 10am, and then we can grab a coffee or food or something afterward? Do you have preference for where we start? It sounds like Metropolitan Branch Trail is out. Capital Crescent or Mt. Vernon?

1 Like

How does this sound: Meet Saturday, 10am at Quartermaine Coffee in Bethesda, then ride the Capital Crescent trail down to Georgetown.

Sounds great! To confirm: Quartermaine Coffee, 4817 Bethesda Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814. It’s funny, sometimes when I do bike rides, I stop by Bethesda Bagels which is right next door!

I’ll, uh, be the guy with an electric skateboard. I’ll PM you my phone number just in case.

1 Like

@bshow22 Hey just want to check in, you coming on the ride this weekend?

@scrant @ra.rend @Mr_Mahal @anon94428844 Just FYI. @scottkellum and I are going to ride the Capital Crescent Trail this Saturday, 2/18, starting at 10am.

Meet location: Quartermaine Coffee, 4817 Bethesda Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814. Time: 10am EST Destination: Georgetown for food/coffee/drinks Distance: ~8 miles

It’s mostly downhill with a few small hills. I can help people find metros or other transport back to where they need to go. Any takers? The more the merrier!

I’m back in Boston for school - I love the idea though. Too much snow up here.

Unfortunately, I’ll be traveling this weekend - but thanks for thinking of me! I would like to go together for one of these.

i have class in the morning :frowning:

I am trying to confirm a couple of things, but for now, count me in unless you hear otherwise.

1 Like

Great ride today @bshow22 and @surprisebirthday https://www.instagram.com/p/BQqa0xYht_y/

Lets do it again sometime soon

1 Like

Especially with the weather like today, hopefully my board gets finished within next month, and I can ride with yall

1 Like

Truth! Let’s get some more rides in this spring.

@bshow22, if you’re looking for a new toy, Spectacles just went on sale online: http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/20/14652384/snapchat-spectacles-buy-online-shop-available :slight_smile:

@scottkellum, thanks for the Spectacles demo. Awesome way to capture experiences!

1 Like

So the Spring is here :sunglasses:

When will the next meetup take place? I’m currently having a pre-built board shipping to me soon from another member. So far I’ve only ran into two boosted board riders around my place in DC…would love to participate in the next meetup!

My board will be done it about 2 weeks. Just tag me here, whenever you guys are planning, hopefully I’m down by then.

Hi. Is this thread still active? I’m interested in riding with a group too around the DC area.

I’m down for a ride, next weekend sound good? Saturday morning?