Wanted: Longer Caliber Trucks

The 23% are for you if you receive them in Poland from US, which is not the case. So yes there may be some import tax for the guy in EU who will receive the whole package, and it will need to be assessed, but then there is no tax for re-sending in EU. So we are only talking about shipping cost in EU. You will not have any tax in Poland if the parcel comes from the UK or Germany (for ex. if one of the two Dans does it).

exactly. the 20% everybody has to pay no matter if you do a group buy or not so they are not necessary in calculating if a group buy makes sense (at least not as long as there is no huge price reduction due to higher order numbers). So what matters is the price difference for shipping between you just ordering them yourself or through the group buy.

So if the postage from the US is 20$ and inside the EU it would still be another 12$ there is like no point in doing a group as all you save is 8$. If the postage from the US is 50$ however and the EU stays at 12$ you’d save a substantial 38$

@jga makes no sense - you always pay the full VAT! no matter if you do a group buy or not. It is all about shipping cost savings from overseas

1 Like

What makes no sense? That’s exactly what I said! But the VAT is not the same in every country in Europe, so I confirm that depending on where the package is received from the US, the taxes will not be the same.

Your explanation was bad - I know what you mean and I did not get it from what you wrote. VAT is almost the same across all countries in EU - so far we did not have a group buy organiser from any tax heaven country that I know of.

@jga: I believe it’s 20 and 19% for the, quoted by you, UK and Germany, respectively, so Maxid was right because the differences are minimal. @Maxid: I do get your point now, thx!

So hey! Any other soul from POLAND wanting to order these?! Cause that’d make two of us cutting shipping in half :wink:

Here you go guys. Some quick research.

1 Like

Hey, @Norco ! Thanks to the well known Polish migration trends :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve got some adresses inside of the UK I could have these shipped to, so If you’re gonna order I’d happily tag along to split the shipping costs in two (or more should more ppl order too)! :slight_smile:

There is also the aspect of not getting your stuff caught in customs. Bigger package and value = bigger risk.

Samples and gifts are free of import duties, but a box with 20 trucks in it will most likely be subject to customs. Best thing is probably teaming up with 1 or 2 fellow countrymen and order together.

1 Like

Just so I am clear we are talking about a group buy of TB wide trucks at $50 - lets say we get 8 takers so that we meet the min for free postage - that means VAT will be $80 plus handling fee from carrier of about £15.

Total bill to land in UK circa $500 or $62 plus onward p+p of $20

$82 or 75 Euro or £62

I’m not sure the maths stack up on this one. No doubt a chinese company with clones will pop up shortly. That might help us EU guys.

i want regular 184s with about 8mm of extra axle on each side.

1 Like

Will you have any use for them once the supply of enertion pulleys is gone?

yes because i have my own insert pulleys for orangutans and flywheels/clones in a range of tooth counts. I’m not moving away from belts in my typical builds. Not this year anyway.

A couple days ago on chat @torqueboards said “hopefully this month”…

Should be within a week or so :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@torqueboards: is there any possible solution to The price on EU shipping? Many people in EU wants the truck but when price of shipping is almost as high as the price of the trucks it’s not viable.

1 Like

@torqueboards is there a possibility to just sell the hanger? Also what @rwxr said :slight_smile:

@Lukas - We’ll only be selling it as a set.

@rwxr - Yeah, if someone wants to be a main contact point. Unfortunately, to ship from USA to EU individually is much more expensive.

any updates?

1 Like

Almost… it’s on it’s way.

3 Likes