VOYAGER ~ Redember Shuggah #001 Sender Skates Edition ~ Trucks TBD ~ Focbox ~ BKB 6374 ~ 12s4P 40T ~ Gummies

And here it is. I doubt any singular deck has bounced around this forum as much as the beloved Shuggah #001. It’s been heavily modified since I first got it so long ago, but now it’s ready to become a truly stellar board. My plan is to save up money and make this a nice build, going with the most reliable parts I can find.

Here’s some eye-candy.

IMG_1472 IMG_6157 IMG_2808

And here’s the board back in 2017 for all those wondering IMG_2102 IMG_2111

So far I have:

What I need:

• Battery - Planning on 12s4p Samsung 40T (16000mah)
  • Trucks - TBD
  • Motor mounts - TBD

I’m debating between Caliber II, Surfrodz, or Torqueboards 218 trucks for the motors. I want two of them next two each other, but I don’t really like the logo of the Torqueboards or Surfrodz so I’m leaning towards Satin Purple Calibers. Only issue there is that the motors have to be on either side of the truck if I do that. Anyone want to help me make my decision?

14 Likes

It’s amazing to see the transformation of a single deck!

2 Likes

Is that really the issue?

3 Likes

That’s all @Sender’s work (with @mmaner filling in some holes here and there of course). He did an amazing job.

Yup. I’m picky sometimes.

2 Likes

Nice job @Sender ! Also, nice build to be @anorak234

1 Like

Mannn, you should definitely use precision trucks!

Use some of that leader weight to talk @psychotiller into a set of these long TKPs I keep hearing whispers of!

8 Likes

@sender maybe you should start skinning trucks😜 Maybe @mmaner can fill in the torqueboards logo on the tb218’s😂

4 Likes

You already have the wheels?

Some @MoeStooge wheels would be legendary.

3 Likes

I have trampa gummies on superstars, hoping to use those. I might consider selling them to help fund @MoeStooge wheels, but to be honest I have yet to really get into the world of racing on esk8. I’m afraid to go past 35mph with my current safety gear (Leather jacket and gloves + TSG helmet)

1 Like

The cool thing is the stooge wheels are more than just racing, they were just born from that.

They grip like nothing I have ever used and are amazing in wet conditions. 35 is a great top speed and the Moe Stooge wheels wouldn’t be going to waste by any means.

2 Likes

If you want to go 4P deep, then why 40T cells?

@anorak234 This got me thinking maybe @3DServisas/@Kug3lis can get you a one of there extra-long cnc caliber clones anodized in satin purple.

FatBoy Solid CNC Machined Hanger for Caliber II Baseplate – 3DServisas

Because it fits, the price is decent, and the capacity is ridiculous. Is there a better cell I should be looking at?

When I looked at cells, I didn’t see any reason to use 40T unless you were 1P or 2P. But it’s been a while. 30Q is a good one for 3P to 8P

1 Like

I’ll take a look at the specs and price for each cell. Got plenty of time to decide as well.

1 Like

Past 8P, 35E or PF made the most sense when I figured it all out. My 10S10P is Panasonic NCR18650PF.

These are changing everything I thought and maybe even said about trucks. https://psychotiller.com/collections/trucks/products/liquid-240mm-tkp-split-angle-truck-set

11 Likes

Holy shite!! They are live!

2 Likes

5 minutes after I find out they are for sale…

Screenshot_20190430-215637_Samsung%20Internet

@anorak234 follow suite! I see no logos, just pure, wide sex.

10 Likes

@Sender’s a mad man!!! I can’t wait for your review brotha!

5 Likes