VESC shuts down...full throttle

So I had the same problem tonight - I was towing a friend back and we hit a hill, so I gave it full throttle and about halfway up the hill it cutoff completely. I was using a dog lead as a tow rope, so he was very close and when it cut out he went down. Minor scrapes and bruises.

Unfortunately I did not keep it on so I can’t check the fault.

This is 10S5P on VESC6 running a single 6374-168 in FOC. image

Battery cutoff is 34/31

Please let me know if you see any suspect settings or if you want me to post more info.

Thanks,

I’m not sure about your settings, but your single-motor setup can’t handle that much.

I know - I wasn’t expecting to actually make it to the top of the hill. I’ve hit steep hills before not towing and it gracefully slowed to a stop with no drama.

So I’m surprised that in this case it just shut down completely with no warning.

It would be really nice if the VESC stored the last N error messages until you manually cleared them rather than clearing on power up.

It looks from the VESC Tool interface that they’ve done a lot of work on making ABS Overcurrent errors shut down gracefully so I assume it’s not that. That just leaves low voltage in the pack, but you’d think I would have felt it roll back as it went below 34.

Which leaves an unexpected error. I’m a little loath to try to repro the problem but it would be nice to know what caused it.

IVesc%20sensored%20setting have had the same problem, “beginner here” just finished my first board. For me the solution was to activate the sensor mode for the motor, for some reasen it dit not wrote the original config down. Now its working properly…