VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

FOC em!

Frank

3 Likes

I think my trampa board is going to be happy then. And the ā€˜v-techā€™ thing ?

V-Tech? 10Char

yeee whatā€™s V-Tech ?

I think l he means the little boost you get when you hit max efficiency on the motor

Itā€™s the V-force! Use it.

Frank

Itā€™s kinda annoying sometimes when your not expecting it then you get a boost at 25mph, it can be a little scary sometimes

1 Like

I donā€™t get those boosts, riding motor amp = battery amp. Butter smooth! You can also adjust the throttle curves now. Really really smooth! I havenā€™t used BLDC Tool and 2.18 FW for 18 months nowā€¦

Frank

Glad itā€™s ā€œfixedā€! Iā€™ll have to give it a try later today, I was download like 218 yesterday Ive used ackmaniacs fw for a while so Iā€™ve already got most of those features. :wink:

I just tried the free tool option. I have two VESCs from vesc.co.uk and they have no bootloader. I thought Iā€™d try the tool before purchasing.

First off the links I received in my purchase mail did not work - the HTML is broken - it does however tell me that I can re-download from the site directly under My account. Those links work, but file gets blocked by my firewall (Sonicwall hardware firewall) that states the files contains a virus MalAgent.I_13584 (Trojan) :frowning:

EDIT: Of cause I belive this is a false positive, but if other receives this as well it should be made very clear on the page that this can happen but that the file is still safe!

Yes thereā€™s something wrong, I have to deactivate Avast Antivirus otherwise I canā€™t open VESC-Tool. Thatā€™s since I have it. The avast software automatically send the file to ā€œantivirus laborā€ for investigation and after a couple of hours they say it should be safe but it still happens everytime I try to open it when the antivirus software is active :worried:

Ok so I did some real life testing ā€¦I went around 10miles to try the new FOC ā€¦and indeed it works a lot better than with the previous firmware. There is finally no cogging on my motor at slow speedsā€¦it just runs buttery smooth almost as if it was sensored. Awesome work.

2 Likes

Yes exactly, the boost that always comes when you least expect it.

But it sounds like its been cured ?

F*ck yeah ! I second this ! Thanks guys.

@trampa Frank I love how enthusiast you are about the features discussed up there, shows a lot about the work and confidence youā€™ve put in it. Youā€™re making everything in the DIY worth it.

2 Likes

Just did the update on a regular 4,12 vesc.

When i check the fw, it says HW 4,10, but i think its the same firmware, even though mine is HW 4.12?

Two quistions though.

First time FOC user. When i test my motor on the bench in FOC mode (No load) it has some sort of delay when i brake , is this normal , and when i hit the Street this delay Will not happen ?

I have a regular motor without sensors. Is this the right settings , when i want to run it in FOC mode ? (i have done the FOC motor detection values)

Usually there is no delay. Did you run both input wizards, motor and app?

Frank

I did run the FOC motor detection under ā€œgeneralā€ and the app for my remote.

Just back from a test ride. Im totally in love in FOC. But again i noticed that when im running full duty cycle, and i let go on the throttle to mid. position, their is some sort of delay, same thing happen when i brake, and the let go on the trottle back to mid position. I did not have this delay before on bldc and old firmware.

Anyone have hard numbers on how much speed you lose with FOC over BLDC?

On my test ride, i did loose 3 km/hā€¦ And i need to test it more, but i think that i did use a little more juice also. But damn, the board feels so much better

itā€™s tempting to go vesc tool but u said delay. hmm itā€™s ppm?