VESC Monitor Android App

I send you a chrash report with the details. But I think i am doing something wrong here. What i did to install my bluetooth module was

1. setup the vesc to preferences
  2. attatch bluetooth module
  3. set the vesc to uart + PPM
  4. Set the uart baudrate 9600
  5. open the app and connect but after step 5 it doesnt show any information it just shows a 0 everywhere and it crashes when i click the modes setup button.

Appreciate the quick replies and help guys :pray:

Did you give all the permessions to the app? Did you turn on the GPS? After setting modifications in the VESC tool did you press write the app configuration in the VESC tool?

1 Like

yup did every single thing you said. Checked everything again maybe something is set wrong in this screen

.20180819_191308

Which firmware are you using? is it the latest one? I have 3.102 still the latest one I guess please post a pic of your Bluetooth wiring if possible.

Gps and bluetooth on?

yeah have everything turned on and allowed

I am not really sure what you mean with firmware do you mean the firmware of the module or the vesc. The firmware of the module I have no idea. The firmwares of the vesc are updated i have got 4.12 and 3.102 . 20180819_225045

Yes I meant the firmware on the VESC. You have the latest so it should work. Does the app crash only when you connect the board? Are TX and RX crossed on you bluetooth module? Meaning TX vesc to RX HM10 and vice versa. Did you enable send status over CAN on the slave vesc?

First off thanks for the reply appreciate it. The app only crashes when i connect to the board and select create new setup mode every other part off the app works perfect thats the weird thing. Except that it doesn`t show data when i connect it. I dont know if it should when you load it up for the first time but when i start the app and my vesc is on and connected to my remote it shows nothing no temperatures, no amperage, no voltage nothing just all 0. About the TX and RX wires i have no idea what the tx and rx wires are on the HM10 devices i saw the pic on google but my device is heatshrinked and i quote its plug and play as they said so cant see where they are connected to the HM10. About the 3rd thing you said i have no slave vesc I have 1 motor and 1 vesc so maybe i made a mistake in my settings there?

I was having issues with GPS not tracking me for the past few days. Realized I turned on power saving a few days ago :man_facepalming:

So I have the BT module hooked up to the slave, ā€œsend to id 0ā€ checked, send status over can false on master in Tool, but I cannot change modes still. I can get telemetry just fine.

Just curious, I am not to worried about it. As soon as my Benchwheel remote comes in, I will swap to that and ditch the Firefly. This will allow me to hook up to the master and this will all be moot. But I would like to figure it outā€¦

1 Like

Aww why ditch the firefly ?

Itā€™s cool, butā€¦ donā€™t roast meā€¦ It feels very DIY. Like hard for me to trust. I have had some wheel sticking issues (I have resolved mostly through some sanding) and some weird connectivity issues in places or at times (havenā€™t pin pointed the cause yet).

And TBH, I never use the remote telemetry. I either use my BT module (mostly if I want more data) or a quick glance at my battery indicator on my board for approximate battery. With 10s6p, I donā€™t have to hound on range like the old days.

I just want a solid connection thumb controlled remote.

Ah I feel you , most likely itā€™s interference from traffic lights at interssections like the death-maytech remote

Thatā€™s weird. I guess you have select PPM and UART at the master VESC for the Firefly remote and UART at the slave VESC with 9600baud. Then it should work, anyhow you can always use the TCP to connect to the VESC

1 Like

Ah so you bought your HM10 module. I guess the connections are correct then. Try to install the app Serial Bluetooth and connect you bluetooth module to it. I make Bluetooth modules flashed with the original HM10 firmware and I use this app to quickly test which firmware they have and if the BLE connection works. Also read which name appears on the screen for your module.

So i installed the app and made some screenshots hope it makes sense to you. Becuase i have no idea what the app can do :smile:. Screenshot_20180820-163213_Serial%20Bluetooth%20Terminal Screenshot_20180820-163139_Serial%20Bluetooth%20Terminal

I think I am just an unlucky fellow whos app doesnt work. I will try it in the future after there is a new update.

Didnā€™t find anything via search, but was wondering if it was possible to separate Max W with Max -W? I find I can cruise just fine at very low power, but I find the brakes are extremely weak as a consequence.

When you adjust max watts via the app then min watts are not affected by that. So you can have strong brakes and gentle acceleration.

1 Like

Hmm, going to have to test this out further. Going to have to check some things.