VESC Monitor Android App

Thank you so much for your work!

Is there a way for you to somehow make BLE work without location turned on? And please add that black theme its so sexy!

I added the black theme in the new version. And BLE always needs the right to reed the location. For whatever reason. Can’t avoid it. But after you gave the right you can simply switch off GPS on your mobile phone. BLE still works. It only needs the right.

2 Likes

I suspect it has something to do with the Google Beacons mentioned on this page: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth-le.html

The board works correctly in default but when I select a mode it only changes one esc. Any ideas

Are you connected through Can bus?

I tried both of these and I got the same results it would load in from the mode I selected but only affect one ESC. I checked it by bench test with two different throttle curves and the throttle Curve will only affect one side

The throttle curve always only affects one side. Because you only need it at the master.

Ok thanks so its normal to only effect the master side at bench test when setting throttle curve and speed limit ? So I can ride it and under load it will be ok?

Just change the motor or battery amps with a new mode and check that these changes are also changed on the slave vesc

Cant figure how to see the individual ESC settings in the vesc monitor app.

You can’t see all the actual settings. Only the motor amps, max speed and control mode can be seen in the upper left box.

Ok thanksss

This is how the dark theme looks like

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me to donate what I did right now :laughing: If someone else want to show some love here you can donate.

I love the dark theme, already used it twice :grin: Is it possible to use the dark theme in the video overlay as well?

Sure it’s possible but takes some hours. Need to find the time. Which firmware are you using? Because I see a little mistake of the app in your video which I want to fix.

1 Like

Always on the job. You’re the man!

1 Like

Is wireless tcp bridge something you’ve considered implementing?

2 Likes

ok I thought it could be quickly done, it’s not that important, the main thing is the app anyway :wink:

I’m using the latest official FW 3.34 (vesc tool 0.87) with vesc 6