Vesc/BMS cutting out at full charged battery (Solved)

Couldn’t there be a simpler software solution to this like an option for the vesc to just disable regen braking altogether when batteries are above a certain voltage?

No option st the momentu unfortunately

Paging @Ackmaniac :joy:

In a prototype i am already trying to adjust the brake power to stay within limits. Problem is that in Eboosted’s case the result might be the same because the BMS shut’s down immediately so the power can’t go anywhere. So it doesn’t really matter if it try’s to reduce the power a little. What i have in mind is for my next 13S build. Just want to know if it is possible to do that. And there a reduced brake power is still better than no brake power. But i expect it to never touch these limits.

But long story short. Use the BMS only for charging. Or simply get rid of it and charge your cells with a external balance charger. Or don’t use any of those and check your single cells voltage every now and then and if needed charge the single pack individually so that it fit’s the others. But don’t integrate the BMS in the cycle with the VESC. It’s useless. And most times the BMS fails instead of the cells. And if the cells fail then mostly because one cell cell looses connection. And the BMS balance current can never ever compensate that.

Hi Ackmaniac, i reallywould like to talk to u. its understandable that u tell the people to bring the bms into the charge circuit. This is for pilot safety reason. the rider should have the same brake in all usecases, if full or empty battery. If battery is full and u brake, u cook ur batteries and u have less live cicle for the batteries, BUT brakeing is always the same and feels good…

But for me i really would prefer to have less brakeing power, which gets more and more braking, the more u ride and the voltage of batteries gets down. so u get way more cicles out of ur batterie.

so iam really interested in the extended super vesc, which can handle the maximum voltage for brakeing. That would be so awesome… So… how can i help u?

f