Uphill Race #2. Bakersfield Outlaw 12

did you check the album?

1 Like

guess you man handling the stooge board would be your only pic

5 Likes

Awesome album btw !

There were some really powerful setups (did I spot at least 3 AWD drives ?), how fast do you guys take corners ?

2 Likes

C’mon riding up the hill going 5mph with custom made hummie :man_facepalming:t2::pensive: with shorts on… really disappointed on you guys :flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Oh brother. I’ve seen Psychotiller’s video and wow! Shit is amazing. @Winfly bro. What was the point of you guys even “racing”? I’m sorry but have to agree with @Touch415 on this one

4 Likes

Wtf dude I hope you are joking. What’s wrong with them just chilling out and crusie? They aren’t hindering anyone or getting in anyone’s way…

11 Likes

We didn’t race. We didn’t even register. I was at less than half battery, was running a fever, and had a fucked up knee. At least we went up the hill and didn’t even come in last. You guys didn’t show up in time and didn’t even get across the start line so why’re you hating on us…

It was a fun trip anyways, was great getting up to shenanigans with y’all in Bakersfield even in the race part didn’t work out :+1:

16 Likes

You guys sure made it across the finish line alright. And sure was a fun weekend. We should do again some time soon :metal:t3:

4 Likes

This time the trip will be sick instead of me lmao

7 Likes

That video is hilarious and I love it. Nothing wrong with some fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t misunderstand what @Touch415 or I are saying. From what I understand is if you want a moment of fame you need to earn it. That’s all. Yes. We were late to the event but we weren’t intending race or else we would had been there on time and at least try to earn some credit by proving we were there to Actually compete Not just to be seen :man_shrugging:t2:

I get that, we weren’t trying to compete either… but it would have been a waste to go and not even ride up the hill so we just stayed in the back and cruised. We certainly weren’t there for any fame or just to be seen, it was just some fun. I think saying you were disappointed in us and stuff or criticizing our speed was uncalled for is all.

9 Likes

Anyways, here are some videos and pics I got…

Eskaters and dskaters alike just chillin

Wipeout around the last corner during one of the heats, thank god for leathers

A bit of video I got from following the serious folk racing uphill

Riding in the legendary Muirskate shuttle

At the end one of the dskaters were like “wow y’all actually got a ride down???” :rofl:

The board that won the race

The board that came in second

@chaka’s very own recurve with 1:1 gear drive

Beautiful scenery

14 Likes

@sofu. It’s beautiful up there, no need to race, just a long cruise would be great with that nature

9 Likes

I really enjoyed watching and being a part of this with all of you. What an awesome group of people. I am honored to be racing with you all. eSk8 is anyone’s game. There are so many things that can go wrong for any one of us when riding these boards. I managed to crash on both practice runs. As good as the asphalt and mountain tasted, I am glad that we were all able to cross the finish line at race time. This 1st place bearing is for all of you and eSk8.

This was only the 2nd uphill eSk8 race. I think it would be a good idea to give slower boards a head start depending on time trials. This way it would even out the odds at the finish line. The next race is at K1 speed center in Carlsbad. It is a super fun track that anyone with a 20-30 mph board can win. My only suggestion would be to loosen up your trucks and practice some slalom in your local supermarket parking lot. So. Stay safe and let’s have some fun.

See you guys there.image image image image image image

16 Likes

Maybe inrunners should get their own race?

Why are inrunners not getting more love since they seem to outperform the usual outrunners?

Are they more expensive? Are these custom trucks the only ones that fit them?

Which board was in the inrunner first place?

1 Like

I have often wondered the same. Unfortunately the current vesc based esc cannot handle the inrunners E-rpm. Gearing options for Belts and chains would be difficult. They are more efficient and make more watts in a smaller package. There is a lot to love there. Just need a good delivery system to feed it and drive system handle it.

8 Likes

great pics of this event guys & girls :+1::+1::+1: thanks for putting them on here as am not on facebook Has anyone a list (or link) of the riders and race times?

2 Likes

Stooge race Board V3. FWD took first.

Stooge race Board V2. RWD took second.

I have had really good luck with both inrunner and outrunner motors with RC car ESC’s, not eSk8 esc’s. But I only tried one eSk8 esc, didn’t like it, and went back to RC.

The main difference that I found is… in-runners really take a beating over outrunners when hitting road debris. As far as going fast it all boils down to your SETUP. Voltage, KV, gear ratio, wheel size and duro, and of course the size of your balls are what makes a good fast board. Outrunners dominated the podium at the Evolve World Cup 18 but that didn’t stop several people from running inrunners and really giving outrunners a run for there money. Stooge Race Boards was one of the top competitors for the gold. But like all e-boarding. Shit happens. Inrunners and outrunners both managed to make the podium in the last two uphill races. eSk8 really is anyone’s race.

6 Likes

I’m going to gather the pics and videos I did manage to get this week to make a video from. Unfortunately I spent more time working on my board than anything only to find out the my battery was fucked so I didn’t get to ride it. So I spent more time drinking beer and hanging out. Got to meet a shitload of cool people!

The boyz talking about skate shit. IMG_20190324_115910_01

Psychotillers hotel room full of boards. I finally got to ride a couple of them and they’re fucking nice. IMG_20190323_202503

12 Likes