Uphill Race #2. Bakersfield Outlaw 12

I had a motor go phase to phase on the V2 during qualifying.

The windings were making contact with the cap. Almost 2 yrs on these this way.
I was on the 44 for the prix. IMG_20190326_115319

10 Likes

Given that the event coordinators were perfectly okay with them tagging along for the ride, perhaps you should be as well, as a spectator. They weren’t even on the roster, just there to have fun and experience a unique event.

Your perception of their intentions are not their own.

7 Likes

Bruh I sooooo wanna race the shit outta you all :joy: call me mad but you guys look like serious adrenaline and fun, can’t help be amazed and frustrated at the same time hahaha I really need to step up soon or later :fire::fire:

Love this community’s spirit!

6 Likes

Damn wish I would have just stopped in. I was passing Bakersfield on the 5 on Saturday and almost stopped in for the group ride…instead kept going and got caught right behind the 30 car pile up on the grapevine. They ended up forcing us off the freeway at the base going up.

Ended up having to go backroads to the 58 through cow country… ended up right next to the track almost but it was dark and I’m didn’t know if anyone would still be there

3 Likes

If any of you are on Facebook and want to join in on the fun, please join this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/323765295121678/

6 Likes

Found the culprit as to why I couldn’t run the Bakers race. @DerelictRobot is fixing this shit right now so we can ride. There’s always next time.

IMG_20190326_150242 IMG_20190326_150809

9 Likes

Broken series connection? Im thinking I’m in the same boat from serious vibration with one of my builds. Too bad I’m on vacation and don’t have the means to fix it.

6 Likes

I don’t have to come into corners too fast, but with all that power I certainly rocket out of them.

2 Likes

Thanks to my Baesk8 friends for letting me tag along to Bakersfield. We were late but still captured a small amount footage. Looking forward to being on time for the next one :sweat_smile:

https://youtu.be/pJs8RXfemR4

8 Likes

Good morning all, from the posts and discussions in the Cali outlaw series there are two things I would be really interested to see

1. A rules discussion for racing and possibly classification categories - perhaps by total weight of the setup and rider

2. A infogram that contrasts a great inrunner setup compared to a great outrunner setup, complete with wiring diagram, can someone here provide that?

4 Likes

One thing to think about would be speed bracket classes. Make a standing speed jig that can check wide open throttle wheel speed (mph) a board makes. 20mph 30mph 40mph bracket classes. Tech would be checked immediately at the top of the hill when a competitor finishes. Disqualification would be when a riders board breaks out of their respective speed bracket when inspected post race.

6 Likes

Yeah, yeah, right! You were the guy holding some souvenirs red bag, no?

CALIFORNIA FREE RIDE SERIES 2020:

Dump Rd. Near Moreno Valley CA Max Capps/Tim Del January 12th

Barrett Junction 3 miles from the border of Mexico. Muirskate (Scott Lembach) January 18,19.

Bakersfield (Bodfish or Round Mtn) Bakersfield CA Daniel Engel February-March 28,29,1

Spliff N’ Wesson Mt Shasta Morgan Owens May 30,31

Bakersfield 15 (Track TBA) Bakersfield CA Daniel Engel September 18,19,20

Turkey Jam Near Sacramento CA DJ Fallon November 21,22

WITH MORE TO COME! STAY TUNED! :skateboard::call_me_hand:t3::mountain:

2 Likes