Unreasonable E-MTB build - Me too, I want to faceplant on dirt at 60km/h (and commute everyday too)

@Kug3lis : Thank you for this information, you’re tempting me I need to think about it :slight_smile:

@Eboosted : Yes I’m very well aware of that but if I do an aluminium enclosure it will be enough rugged to consider that the crash requiered to make it catch fire will have to be so big that I will have other problems (i.e death), plus, yeah, solid padding material preventing puncturing of lipo packs inside.

@Andy87, @michaelcpg and @rich : Thank you all for those informations and picture, it’s very helpful :slight_smile: !

@rich : I intend to do that the classiest way possible, I will performs some tests series (100 will be a good start) to find out what is the best with my own lab test dirt floor rectangle.

@michaelcpg : I like you battery wiring :slight_smile:

@Andy87, @rich and also @DanSkates (from who I follow his freestyle e-ATB topic :slight_smile: ) :

After what you (@Andy87 and @rich) said, I’m considering 16ply, but a last question : If I intend to do high jumps like @DanSkates (because I forgot to mention that’s part of what I want to do with my e-MTB), will I risk to bottom out my board ?

So for the tyres, I dediced, it will be hard trampa treads for now (with spares innova slick cut)!

Cheers,

Boubak

2 Likes

You will definitely bottom out your board :rofl: That’s why it’s important to mount the battery box in a way that it doesn’t restrict flex otherwise your box gets damaged or in worst case the battery. And don’t forget PADDING!

I think you can bottom out the stiffest board if jumping high enough. With 16 ply and 74kg it needs about 1 meter height. There’s a jump in a close by dirt park where I always land with the middle of the deck only without wheels, that’s a loud sound and quite uncomfy :laughing:

3 Likes

No, my board unloaded max speed is 70km/h (you can see in previous calculator picture) it was done on going downhill. On flat surface max I have reached was 66km/h but it was done with 200kv motors, now I am switching to 180kv so no more high speeds :frowning: But I also have 1:4 choice so again will try to see what’s better for me in city 1:4 or 1:5

I forgot to look at kv. My bad. My 190kv with same everything else gets 32mph

@rich

Thanks for the informations :).

But now I’m more confused XD, I don’t know if I should take 16 or 17 ply… I think that since I want to go really hardcore I maybe need 17 ply, but I’m afraid it could be unpleasant/uncomfortable to ride with this stiffness.

What do you think ?

(The best could be if I can test the board of a french comrade near or in Paris)

Yep :slight_smile: that’s my goal the battery box mounting ! By padding, do you mean padding inside the battery box ( in that case yes offcourse :slight_smile: ) or do you mean something else ?

Cheers,

Boubak

Get in contact with @okp Idk which ply he has but i‘m sure he can help you out with your choice and maybe even with a small test ride if you kind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: He’s located in Paris.

1 Like

@Andy87 : Thanks ! I just did that :slight_smile:

By the way I tried to contact @stewii to buy a dual ESCape from him, still waiting his answer since 10 days :smile:, I hope he still has stock of it.

Cheers,

Boubak

Hello everyone :slight_smile:,

I am not dead !

Small update :

• I chosen a 17 ply holypro, after severous questions/answers from @trampa, @okp, @Riako and @DanSkates : --> I asked @trampa when they will have stock again and I am waiting that
  • Since @stewii is not responding and since I read that some of the “I-know-what-I-m-doing” guys from here received their ARC 200 for test, I will wait their conclusion and maybe take 2 ARC 200 instead of an ESCape

Kind regards,

Boubak

2 Likes

That’s only 600$ of investment :wink: Bread and water for 1 month then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What he would pay for two vesc 6 from trampa… :thinking::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone :smiley:,

I finally ordered my trampa board in 17ply (it was out of stock for the past 2 month so I had to be patient)

The story continue ! (slowly)

Kind regards,

Boubak

2 Likes