Unknown Hall error: 255

I dont know how much this picture helps in finding the problem. But i dont want to miss a tiniest hint.

Hall detection does not use the temperature at all. It is in the connector just because it comes from the motor if you have a temp sensor in there. The temp sensor is not part of the detection in any way.

What HW are you using? I would try 2.54 from @Ackmaniac.

Oh okay. I see.

Iā€™m using 4.12 HW and will give that 2.54 FW a try.

1 Like

Didnā€™t work. Damn Iā€™m tired of this sensor. Thought it would be easy to implement it to my system. I guess I just have to stay with sensorless setup for a while.

Man that sucksā€¦ usually it is easy but there seems to me something wrong regarding the hardware. :confused: Does it happen with this motor on more than one VESC? Or does the VESC work with sensors with any other motor?

1 Like

I got two of them for a dual setup. None of them is working with a sensor. Since I dont have other motors with hall sensors, i can test this option.

What if other sensored motors would work? Are my sensors not compatible with the vesc? I doubt that cause other people are pretty succesful in setting this motor upā€¦

Hmm okay I doubt that this is going to be a problem but this is unfortunately the last idea I have :confused: Measure from one of the pins of the hall sensor connector to resistors R8 R9 or R10. Each pin should be connected to one of the resistors. You should measure between the connector and one side of the resistor a direct short and on the other side of the resistor you should have 10 kĪ©.

Thank you mate, i will try that in the next few days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a quick question:

If I want to measure the hall sensor voltages, do I have to measure 5+ and H1, H2, H3 or GND and H1, H2, H3?

Measure the voltage of the hall signal (H1 H2 H3)with the black probe on GND

Okay, I tried that too, but ground to H1 H2 or H3 is not giving me any results. But if I use the 5V pin and measure it with H1 H2 H3 i get either 0 or 5 volts.

Iā€™m have the bad feeling that they soldered something wrong in this 200 kv batch ^^

Two other guys are having the same problem too. So maybe there is something wrong with the motors :blush: @kylepls @vishal_tejwani

@Martinsp What is the worst thing that can happen if I change gnd and 5v

Thatā€™s a shame. Iā€™ll take one of my motor out in a week and I will test my hall sensors to see if I get 5v between GND and H1/H2/H3 if that helps.

I donā€™t know the electronics in a hall sensor but I assume it will fry it if you reverse polarity.

That would be nice :slight_smile: Thank you!

Do not reverse the polarity of the power supply (power input to the halls). I was talking about the position of your measuring probes not where you connect the power.

Why would he get readings between 5v and H wires instead of GND and H? So weirdā€¦

I dont really think that that is possible. You should get at least somethingā€¦ is there a chance you had your probes not connected properly?

I will try again tomorrow, but Iā€™m pretty sure I did it right.

Since I donā€™t have an external power source I connected the gnd and 5v from sensor to the vesc and pulled out the sensor wires from the jst connector. Donā€™t worry I made sure they donā€™t touch each other :slight_smile:

Then I connected one probe to gnd and the other one to (h1 h2 h3) and got 0 volts. Even if I turned the motor by hand.

After that I tried it with 5v and (h1 h2 h3) and instantly got 5v. Turning the motor to next magnet gave me 0 volt and so on.

Let me try it again tomorrow.

Usually I measured my hall sensors with a 1s lipo battery and I got the same volts between + and H and also between gnd and H, 0 / 4 volts, just the opposite way (depends on the magnet pole). Now first time I measurd directly at the sensor plug (focbox) when the vesc is on. I donā€™t know what that means but I measured strange values. Between + and H I get 5,13 / 1,54 volts and between gnd and H I get 3,62 / 0,03 volts. Anybody knows if this values are normal?