Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

@Wajdi is anyone else having driver problems? I cant seem to get the device driver to load…

@mmaner Do you have the Arduino IDE installed? if not, download and install it. It does have the necessary drivers.

2 Likes

Just ordered one, can’t wait!

I assume the next wave is still for pre-orders right? How long is the est. lead time for orders placed now?

1 Like

Thank you. I’m trying to get all the parts needed before the Chinese New Year holiday, which is next week, especially since my last nrf package was lost and now I need to wait for a new one :weary: I should have all the parts by next week, and will start shipping them out.

2 Likes

I just ordered a second one too. My kid is gonna crap his pants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

why are some of the remotes smaller in the picture above?

The newest pcbs have integrated cruise control button. Meaning the length of the neck above the stick can be shorter. As the button is on the pcb vs wired to the pcb

1 Like

cool was wondering was it just the printer, man these look so good between the remotes and the bluetooth speaker with wheels serious workmanship :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow this is amazing… great work! What the lead time if I order now, Also how many are out there? I love the design and functionality but I am a bit afraid to venture away from my tried and true gt2b based remote.

I’ve tried 2 PC’s, multiple USB cables, both old and new Arduino IDE…even tried to manually install the driver but the device manager still doesn’t see the driver for the remote? Any suggestions? I feel like I’m missing something bviouse here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which Windows OS are you using?

Windows 7 pro x2 and Windows 10 Enterprise.

Here is a guide on how to install the driver, Photon remote uses same bootloader as arduino zero. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoZero#toc3 Let me know if it works.

I’ll give it a shot, thanks for.posting that.

Although I’m for sure buying the Photon remote, I just came across this one:

The Evolve R2. I really love its design and separate triggers for accelerate and brake, but I am pretty sure your Photon has more features. Can you say what features yours has over the R2? Also, I think I recall you saying something about making another design of your remote for those who prefer trigger style. Is that something you are planning once you get all the bugs sorted out in the current model by any chance?

The evolve r2 only works with evolve boards. This is universal

2 Likes

I don’t think you read it correctly he’s mererly using it as a design example wanting something as a R2 design with same features as his current remote @codespanker

1 Like

That’s correct! Lol

@Deckoz - How did you go with vesc FW3.100 communicating with photon?

@mmaner I had trouble too…but here’s what I did

So first things first. The Updater rely’s on the following C++ redistributable package(x86)

second… open Computer management , Uninstall the photon if it has a driver. Then right click, and “update driver”

“Browse my computer for driver software” “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” Click “Have Disk”

Navigate to your Arduino Installation, goto the Driver Folder, and select the “arduino.inf”

Select “Arduino LLC(www.arduino.cc)” and find Arduino Zero in the right hand list

After Install, it should now have a COM Port.

Once you click flash it is going to reboot into bootload/DFU mode which you also do not have the driver for, repeat the above process and instead this time select Arduino Zero Bootloader

Refresh the ports list so that you see the DFU Com, and then reflash.

Should now be updated

@SkaterBoy58

After updating, and using the new receiver, I cannot control with 3.100 either.

I could communicate with both 2.54 and 3.100 on the original receiver…however the original receiver doesn’t work after updating… and I also see the same thing you do “255.2” @Wajdi

6 Likes