Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Hey can you link me the website for this

1 Like

Thanks @BoostedBuilder

The Photon remote MEGA guide is here! I tried to document every single function of the remote, explaining what each option does, and what values to set it to. I included pictures of all the menus as well. Iā€™m still going to expand it further but this should get everyone going.

http://forum.eboardshop.net/t/photon-remote-mega-guide/37

5 Likes

Wajdi -Thanks for that Just one query re Reactive effect for leds and turn indicators

Do you need to programme in the pixel no range for right hand side (for indicator) and pixel no range for left hand indicator? Cheers

1 Like

Reactive effect is the first mode, it uses the first 3 leds for left, next 4 for brakes, and next 3 for right, total of 10 LEDs. I will add that info to the guide.

2 Likes

Can these nos of leds be changed to suit the total no of leds on the strip?

Nice on the wiki section! I look forward to adding anything I can!

1 Like

Hey guys, I have been having mixed results using the following nrf modules, they perform well on bench test but once in the streets they have been reported to cause dropouts. I ordered a batch of a better performing modules that are shielded, and I will keep you updated about itā€™s performance.

Bad modules.

Good modules.

If anyone that received my remote so far is having connection problems, contact me and I will send you v0.2 of the receiver free of charge minus shipping.

Thanks!

I was having random intermittent dropouts on both throttle and telemetry.

So far though iā€™m really impressed with the basics. The stick feels good. The grip will be better once its got some kind of coating on it.

2 Likes

Love it! canā€™t wait for to get my hands on one!

I will add that in next update. Here is a preview of the Photon updater currently a work in progress.

Auto update fetcher and flash programmer in one.

8 Likes

@longhairedboy why areyou allways the first to get the fancy new things ? Hahah

3 Likes

Can you develop please ?

@ElskerShadow because i volunteer to pay full price for partially developed products so i can give my feedback and influence development.

@Skyv4n right now i donā€™t trust it beyond experimentation, the dropouts are intermittent but frequent. But the new radios will likely resolve that problem.

Its a new product, the bugs will be shaken out. And when they do this remote is going to kill it.

Once allthe features are working correctly and reliably and this thing has some kind of comfort grip coating on it iā€™m done. Iā€™ll have my dream remote.

Once we get there though weā€™ll need to do a lot of throw testing. The new Maytech remotes are indestructible unless you grind them or slide on them somehow. This needs to be close to that in durability. I donā€™t expect miracles because it uses more sensitive components and has a multiple axis thumb stick which requires more consideration but i think it can come close.

6 Likes

Damnā€¦thatā€™s pretty sheisty about the drop outsā€¦ Mine got delayed delivery til today. So I guess Iā€™ll see if I have the same issueā€¦ :frowning:

Donā€™t worry, connectivity issue is really an easy fix, most of those nrf modules have bad batches mixed in. Thankfully itā€™s a problem caused by the modules manufacturer and not my design, so no big redesign or delays. The shielded modules should provide a far superior connection, with virtually no dropouts, it does also have an IPX antenna which amplifies the signal even further.

5 Likes

all of that is music to my ears :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@longhairedboy do you have the Receiver pinout? Mine came with a 6pin JST for older 4.6-4.9 hardwareā€¦ Not a 7pin like on the focboxes/4.10-4.12/vesc6ā€™s

edit nvmā€¦ goes into the bottom 6 pinsā€¦ ā€¦

1 Like

Just rode about 4 miles with it. Looking good so far

11 Likes