UK MEMBER ? | Introduce yourself here! :)

Yep, mdf most of the time, cheap, easy to work and sturdy!

Hi All,

I just introduced myself a little on the main intro forum but I thought Id add something here as I am indeed from the UK, Portsmouth on the South Coast in fact

I am fairly new to Skating but I snowboard, Kitesurf, wakeboard and Paddle board so I am hoping there are some transition of skills there. I got a conventional push power longboard last year and got to grips with it a bit with the plan of enjoying it this summer however a ligament injury kitesurfing at the beginning of the year, so my push leg/knee put pay to that.

I have been looking at boosted and the likes of those pre-made boards before and the cost has put me off. As I said in my other intro message I am keen to have several stages where by I add complexity and improve the final look down the line.

I have a few questions about our options here in the UK when buying parts etc but I will ask those in my build thread unless you think it is best here or in a separate thread.

Cheers,

Neil :wink:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Seasoned lurker now collecting parts for my build “The Pork Chop Express”

Live in a village on the edge of Hull and lucky enough to have a disused railway line that runs from my house to the office so building a commuter board. Comet Loki DIY 10s4p pack. Will drop the build diary on here once I have added a few more details.

1 Like

Hey Neil, I’m up the A3 in Farnham :slight_smile: If you need any pointers let me know (on here or via a message). General points of interest for a first build include Alien Power System as they are UK-based. UNIK are in France and Enertion should also be slightly more accessible and affordable very soon as they’re gearing up their European warehouse for next year. I’m in the process of building a home-brew single-drive Boosted Board (Loaded Vanguard deck) so I’ll be up for riding Southsea next year!

Hi mrjonnyjones,

Thanks for your reply, it’s been a busy few days. I got my board built and have been out for a couple near my work and it’s great fun if a little scary haha. Thanks for the info that’s the first time I’ve seen the UNIK stuff, it looks good. I bought most of my stuff from Alien in the end. Still got a way to go, I want to make a better enclosure and learn how to ride it a bit more confidently. But yeah I plan to carry onward and upward so let me know when your heading down to Southsea.

2 Likes

hi all i am adam 36 from the west mids. this is my diy board so far, sk3 63mm motor, 6s7p 18650, fvt120 esc, 3d printed battery case and controller not very good pics but its all i have…

1 Like

Sounds good mate, yes I’ll send you a message when I’m heading down, it’ll be in the new year once I’ve got my board finished :thumbsup:

Looking good Adam, did you get on OK building the battery?

Hi from up here in Derbyshire

New to e boards really want to develop my skills when I can’t get to surf.

Looking for help with the welding together a 10s4p pack anyone with a welder??

AKA Vin

1 Like

I went to the inboard event today in Hyde Park London ( https://www.facebook.com/events/699502973538636/ ) and took some pics, I tried the inboard m1 and it’s very smooth, the event was quite fun overall,

m1 candy crush version :

ready to move:

my diy build in the front ^^:

I think they will make another one in ~6 weeks so if you’re in London I suggest to check it out, I think I will be there EDIT: there’s one this saturday! I think I’ll go

1 Like

Sadly I can’t come! I was there last time Also there will be another one next month, will you join? Btw I wonder are there any group chat in the uk esk8 builder group

Yo Norco where you from bro? I presume you’re talking about the old railway line from Hull to Hornsea right? I’m from round there, live in the North East now for university though

Haha yes you could say somewhere between Hull and Hornsea! Happy to sort out a ride at some point once the board is built!

Hey strangers my name is Adam, I’ve been on this forum for a few months now, been into longboarding for a long time but only recently got into electric skateboards and I’m absolutely loving it. I’m 36 this year and although I’m not old I am enjoying not having to push or carry my board. My first and only introduction into electric skateboards is my pre-built Magneto (koowheel) and a play on a strangers benchwheel. I’m now looking to get serious and have something with better all round specs but can’t warrant the cost with the wife so building is the next best option, the only issue here is that although being a professional boatbuilder in both wood and composites, I would say my weak spot is electronics.

Keen to meet builders in person, try out their boards and bounce off ideas, inspiration and learn along the way. Im a hands on learner, not a textbook one.

I live in the South West near Exeter, willing to travel for events and meet ups.

Anyway looking forward to being able to enjoy my hobby in a new way for many more lazy and exhilarating years ahead :wink:

2 Likes

Hello guys.

My name is Jacob Lord.

I am brand new to long boarding and esk8ing and I am planning on making my first build in the next week or two.

Currently a university student at the university of Lincoln and the president of the universities Airsoft club.

I live in Waddington, just on the border of Lincoln and I hope my first build can replace the bus into town!

2 Likes

Hey brothers, can someone help me to kick the ass of this guy @qtron ? He deliberately violates the CC license and is selling my design on eBay without even asking any permission or donation. Good thing is that he’s in UK and I got his name/address, so getting this situation back to normal at the worst case will cost me a Eurostar trip from Paris.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/electric-skateboard-remote-control-gt2b-/272603081743?hash=item3f7868ec0f:g:LcYAAOSwzgBY1R2m

Thanks for the support!

2 Likes

Hi Guys - just wanted to put up a quick reminder that there is a UK eSk8 facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/692928530874989/

If you fancied joining. Would be great to see the group more active and might provide a good source of info for UK based people.

Also now the weather is almost good enough to get out I’m happy to report my board is almost rideable now. Mount is being welded tonight and I should be able to maiden https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/pork-chop-express-comet-loki-motor-6374-vesc-10s4p-diy-18650-pack-benchwheel/13106/26

1 Like

Hello guys,

Jerome from Aberdeen. Struggling to find time to work on my built, but most of the parts are in now. With the poor condition of the roads in Aberdeen, I had to go for pneumatic wheels. Board should be for commuting to work. Owner of various electric vehicles (E-go skate, solowheel, big daddy style skate with antique SLA batteries). When wind blows enough (and wife allows…), on the water on a kitesurf board or on land on a kite buggy or mountainboard. I have sent a request for the Facebook group.

2 Likes

Hello All, im James from sunny bognor, any other sussex guys out there

looking to build a single drive long-board i’m guessing the sk3 motor is most suitable. and im looking at running on 80mm or 90mm wheels

is there any lists of uk suppliers for parts like motor mounts and drive pulley kits, seems sensible to ask before i start trying from scratch.

1 Like

Hi James! :slight_smile: I’m in Farnham, Surrey. For parts, look at Unik Boards ( @okp ) . They’re in France but ship world-wide. It’s really the only ‘local’ place I can whole-heartedly recommend these days.

http://unikboards.com/en/

1 Like