Tuning vesc, shutdown but no fault code..SOLVED

Great information! Thank you!

I am loading these numbers now and headed out for a run.

Sounds good. Let us know how it feels.

It felt much better, both take off and brakes! But about 300 yds into the ride and after braking down a short hill the brakes seemed to get less effective and when I throttled again it as well seemed much less. I again got on the brakes for about 3 seconds and it just quit all together. I let it sit for a minute and it started right back up but still subdued before stopping again. I left the board powered on and plugged it into BLDC but don’t see any errors.

The braking current might be causing an overvoltage on the ESC, but not having any errors is weird. Motor wasnt hot or anything was it?

Where would I find the error? Nothing popped up

Motor was warm but certainly not hot

if you could log what’s happening maybe even you’re overheating, but that would be strange considering it didnt happen before. I can’t think of anything else. and all you did was up the motor amps?

Upped motor max by 10 and upped batt min from -12 to -20

you need to type faults in the command window for errors to come up

dropped motor min and batt min. Only noticed decreased braking. However, same issue as last time. Decreased performance and then cut out.

Where is the command window for checking fault?

Terminal tab almost all the way to the right.

Lets try to determine what created the fault. Set your brake settings back to what they were and leave the torque stuff high.

If no issues then increase your battery min. If no issues then increase you motor min.

This way we can pinpoint to where the issue is

I shut the board down when I went to bed but I’ll make the changes and see what happens. I’ll have results in about 20 minutes.

Reduced some settings and it took longer to stop working but brakes back to the original barely braking. I hit the soft shutdown and it took a little longer but still shut down completely. Maybe the 97’s are just to much to sustain? Uploading…

returned setting back to my original setup and simply boosted my battery max to 80 as @PXSS suggested. Headed out to see what happens.

OK! Much better finally. Board still seemed to hit a soft shutoff. After cruising a few hundred feet and using the brakes it seemed as if each time i applied throttle it was much less significant than the beginning of the ride. Im fully aware of the sensation of torque in relation to current speed and i am positive this is not the case.

When you go to larger wheels you’re changing gear ratio. You want get the most reduction I would say for 97mm you want 15/40 minimum or 14/40. If you want to increase speed you should increase voltage.

What is your current setup? Wheels/pulleys/kv/voltage/top speed

97mm, 15/36, 245kv, 6s2p, top speed unknown yet.

board seems to perform the same as it did with the 16/36 on 83mm which im ok with but have to solve the shut down issue.

If you weren’t having issues with 83mm 16/36, 15/40 on 97mm might help. If you had issues before it may be the voltage is to low and kv to high for a vesc.

I had zero problems with the 83mm set up. Just needed more torque. I’m perfectly ok with a top speed of 18mph if it means low end torque and a bit better hill climbing. Would one of your 40T help?

It will help with torque. Im not sure if it will solve your problems completely, but it should be very similar to how it was with 83mm wheels and 16l36