Trampa EMTB 8072 Sensored Alien Motors with E-toxx Direct drive

Since all he’s talking about is nickel strips how do you figure out how much copper wire do you need? These are 1/2’ strips about 1mm thick

added two more strips of copper. Thats gotta be plenty lol

Two strips of that size should be enough to handle the total current between each series group but the issue is, like you mentioned, because you have the copper soldered near each end of each series group, the current produced from the cells in the middle of each series group first have to run through a lot of thin nickel strip to reach the copper at the end which isn’t ideal.

I would recommend soldering another two evenly spaced copper strips to each series group in between the two copper strips you’ve currently got soldered. This would mean that the current from each series group cell only has to travel across a couple cm of nickel strip at most to reach a copper strip.

1 Like

Another thing, be VERY careful with the sharp edges of the nickel strips on the positive sides of the cells.

If one of the sharp edges of one of those strips pierces or scratches through the insulation around the positive cell terminals, you’re going to get a short and a battery of that size that’s closely packed together like that could very quickly start a runaway effect which will result in the whole pack going up in flames…

Ideally you should be rounding the corners of the strips so they can’t come in contact with the negative part on the cells positive side. Would also really recommend using insulation paper rings as well. Unfortunately a little bit difficult to do at this point.

Cool I’ve added two more strips. I’ll go and try and round off the edge of the nickel. What do you think about adding liquid electric tape around the edges as well?

No worries, again, just be careful you don’t get any bits of metal that you’re rounding off end up falling in between the positive and negative points and shorting something :stuck_out_tongue:

Liquid electrical tape sounds like a good idea, you’ll want to leave a small gap somewhere though so that if the worst case does happen, you’re not completely blocking the cells from venting

1 Like

Cool thanks for the advice brother!

Looks like you could dissipate one MILLION watts of heat with this setup! :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake: image

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Hahahaha hopefully!!

Does anyone know how to get ahold of @Nowind? Tried emailing him from e-toxx.com website and on here with no response.

I talked to him yesterday by PM. Maybe he is taking some time off this weekend?

Yeah that’s weird cause I sent him email super early at 5:32am yesterday so if he’s talking to other people then I don’t understand why he’s not responding to me.

Same issues with mine. Its very aggravating when the owner knows about these issues and still sells and ships these faulty motors around the world. After days of trying to get ahold of Bruno @AlienPowerSystem I cannot seem to get any answers. He has replied a couple times and he’s tried to send me more 8072’s ( a new design) but I cannot waste anymore time on a faulty motor so I suggested the 8085 which people have had good luck with. Now theres no communication at all and Im tired of sitting here having my time wasted. Does anyone out there know how to get Bruno to respond and try to resolve this issue as fast as possible? @Silverline @DK-Odense

2 Likes

seems i gonna check my new motors too :weary: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

LOL anserewed your question about 12mm Spurs on Friday. parts are packed and going out next buisness day now its weekend!

2 Likes

Are you sure that was not me you where talking too? We talked about the same thing???

Nope

yeah you both wants the same on the same day (-;

Answered him and yours

1 Like

Yeah this is really aggrevating. Knowing about the issues from other members here and still selling more to other people. I mean that just shows they don’t even test these motors before they send them out. There should be some sort of QC set in place you would think.

2 Likes

Hey brother so Bruno has 8085 unsensored motors he can ship me. Will those mount to your drives? I can add encoder later?

Yeah 8085 fits to the Mounts, no matter if sensored or unsensored. Encoder can be used with the new 3D printed Encoder Housings. You have the CNC machined non Encoder Mounts.

1 Like

Ok cool so I have a buddy with a 3D printer. I just gotta download the housing files and have them printed? And aren’t you asking me if I have the mounts or that I need the mounts?