Trampa - E-Toxx EMTB with 12S Roxxy ESC, Beltdrive SK3-149kv

Hey Jenso

Making my first post and I’m almost done with my build, thanks to your help. I have 2x sk3 Turnigy 6374 192kv, should I go for the 9100-12 or the 9120-12 Roxxy?

Cheers

Go for the 9120-OPTO, dont cost that much more… make sure you get some additional CAPS … like the YGE 9 Caps Cheers

Hey Jenso!

Do you recommend the Roxxy with cap bank as a good upgrade from the Max6 ESC?

Is there a big increase in power from 8s 150A to 10s/12s 100A?

Thanks!

I think its alot more powerfull… But the brakes can be hard to get on with… like i mentioned from DAY1 with the Roxxys the Brake way is so short that you really need sensitive fingers

Cheers Jenso

Does it worth having 120A continuous (9120-OPTO) more than 100A continuous (9100-OPTO) if the SK3 brushless motor is rated 70A max?

I’m thinking of buying one of these ROXXY ESC too.

I never thought about the smaller ones… this 20€ less dont seems interresting for me… Some people i know are ok with the Roxxy, other dont… Its a beast but power/brakes are hard to control

Hi. Could you, please, tell me what are your cap bank specs? :slight_smile: is it 63V 3600f?

YGE caps type 9, let me find the link for you bro and i’ll edit link and specs: Modul Typ 9 • 9 pieces 390 µF ultra Low ESR Elkos • Operating voltage: Max. 63V (bis 15s LiPo) • Solder bucket for cables up to 8 mm² • Measurement: 23 x 66 x 33 mm • Weight: 42 g

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Also if you pour it all over electronics it wont be able to catch fire because there is no air, but cooling might be a problem

1 Like

What were your thoughts regarding your previous config with the 149kvs vs the 190kv sk3s @Nowind? About to pull the trigger on a pair for a 12s emtb setup with focbox Fairly long hills in the commute, your 80 degree coil temps make me think maybe the lower kv will be better for me

I would go for the 149kv… better for torque and temps… also your vesc will be thanksfull for not hitting the 60K erpm limit…

EDIT : read anwhere that the Focboxes dont have the 60k limit… more around 100k erpm… But anyway i would choose the 149kv…

Cheers

3 Likes