Trampa - E-Toxx EMTB with 12S Roxxy ESC, Beltdrive SK3-149kv

Short Update on Epoxi-Roxxy :

Only a few small sticky spots on top so decidet to take it out of cast… I was a little bit brutal, get it out but damaged it :sweat: A big crack runs trough it …

I have to improve my epoxy skillz !!! But in generall i like it… without the crack :kissing_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

hey mate, looks like you are now going to do some jewelry !!! great one

Yes only dymonds anymore (-; Thanks Ced.

1 Like

Fuck yeh Jesso, doesn’t look to bad as long as it works that’s the main thing… Plenty of time to fix aesthetic things… Maybe put some food die in with the resin to make any colour you like.

sorry for the noob question… what is the cap bank actually doing? thx

@bbq870 Its build originaly to compensate longer battery wires. Every ESC Builder will tell you that you have to use as short as possible power wires. If you cant do you are supposed to add this capbanks… they are some manufactors like YGE and MGM who are selling this for their ESC´s. YGE also says that they will improove the “partial load” property and that this capbanks should be used if the ESC is used on its limits, like max voltage… So i think it is really made for my kind of application (-;

Got only 3 rides now on the moded roxys, only time will tell.

Yeah really easy to add nearly any wanted colour. R&G is selling many differnt colours. I dont use it this time because i dont want to cover the LED. But its easy to add an piece of Polycarbonate on that LED to take the light out of the cast. Maybe next time (-:

1 Like

They have some nice Night glow stuff.

Btw, R&G is way overpriced on resin. I always buy frop hp-textiles for my board building and prototyping stuff.

Night glow sounds nice, ghostrider style (-; yeah maybe they are not the cheapest seller for resin, thats true.

So no fire works yet?

Amazing builds …thank you for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more.

No Firework yet. Only a bigger ignition Spark (-; But dont forget that the un moddet Roxxy performed well for several weeks until they explode. So it took some time to say that the Capbank will improove them !

Thank you mate. Will keep this thread updated !

1 Like

news about the Roxxys? Still going well or did you switch to a new setup?

Still running them… seems that the CAPS making the roxxys safe for mine. No new Fireworks (-:

Set up a second pair of Roxxys for another Build…

Still the best ESC for my purpose, not perfect but damn powerfull !

3 Likes

I´m thinking about using the Hobbywing Ezrun 6 for 2 Trampa builds. Seems like they work well without modification.

They are really unkillable and good value, even if they are quite expensive.

1 Like

Yeah the MAX6 are BULLETPROOF without ANY mods No probs with heat and moisture No with vibrations and dirt No with high current or “over current” Just have Fun and dont worry about.

Hobbywing should make some CAR ESC for 12S :imp:

I think the price is fair for what you get.

1 Like

Good to hear that the caps are doing the job👍🏻 I’ve eventually got my build progressing which the MGM controllers, their building them to custom specs as we speak. I got a email two days ago showing the custom cap packs that they’ve completed. Controller specs are 2-14s 100 amps continuous 140amps for 10 seconds 180amps for 3 seconds Has cost me 1800 euro so I hope it works😬

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Sictrampa

Hey Mate,

nice to hear that you start the deal with MGM I really really really hope that your massive investment will turns out good for you. I told you about my expierences with MGM in RC applications some years ago, so i hope the best.

Have you pictures from the ESC itself? This Capbank is for both ESC or you got 2 Capbanks? Massive 7500uF you got with one! Compared to YGE 9-Caps each 390 = 3500uF

Specs dont sound that much better as from the Roxxy i think. 12S-120A

Of course 14S is better but most motors have a 10 some 12S limit, which motors you choosen?

When did you get the MGM´s ?

Cheers Jenso

Hey Jenso👍🏻there is two capacitor banks of 5, the caps are pretty big 16 diameter, 35 high. I could of gone for a larger esc but the physical size would of Been to large to fit on the back of the board with a bigger cap packs + the reciever and Bec. The motors are enertion 6374 that I’m making longer shafts for so I can run a bearing support. Batterys are 4 6s Turnigy graphene 6000mah, connected in series and parallel. I don’t have photos of the esc’s that there making yet but they will look something like the following pic. The controllers have pretty advance configurations and adjustability with real time data logging comparable with vesc. Hope they work, I’ve been told to run them at 6s to start off with then check the data feedback and send the results to MGM and they will give me a starting point for 12s. After sending a link to your fireworks vid they are saying that your problem would be

caused by constantly overloading the controllers when you get off and on the throttle causing peek burst current to often in a short period of time… who knows really but I’m going to ride mine like it’s stolen, 2 years warranty so so I’ll put that to the test.

2 Likes