TIE/ad x1 | 1st Build Trampa E-toxx (Australia)

I do not recommend you Anderson pp45 for that. They can deal with more than 45 amps but they can move slightly due to vibrations. If one of them gets out a couple mm they will arc and burn unless you put them together firmly. I usually shrink them Powerpole 75 will not move at all and they resist way beyond 100 amps. They are rather Big though. I’d stick to xt90’s for esk8. f44sj6 Here you can see 45 and 75. The size difference is noticeable

Decided to go with Turnigy SK3 6374 192kV motors instead of the APS units.

1 Like

make sure that your pulleys also fit to it. APS has 10mm shaft, SK3 has 8mm shaft

Already let Jens know I’ll be ordering 8mm motorspurs from him too.

Feels like I’ve been chozen. :scream: @MasterCho

2 Likes

What size heat shrink tubing and wire mesh wrap should I get for the battery side and motor side of the ESC? Also, do I need a heat gun to shrink the tubing?

Ordered the SK3 6374 192kV motors, MT60 connectors, and other consumables. Did quite a bit of research on soldering, and ordered a Miniware TS100 with an additional bigger tip, and Turnigy Graphene 1,500mAh 6S 65~130C battery for soldering. This is going to be my only soldering solution for now, bench and mobile if needed.

Yes sure you need to heat up the head shrink :sweat_smile: But you can use everything which makes things hot. Hair dryer or a light or the tip of your solder iron (don’t touch just hold close) should work fine. About the wire mesh… it depends if you want to cover them all single or all in one tube.

Edit: I used 10mm for one motor wire. But I think you can get there two or even 3 motor wires inside. (3 would be tight thou)

1 Like

Thanks for the tips mate.

1 Like

Costs are mounting, it’s all the little consumables and tools you don’t have when starting your first build that pushes it above expected.

Looks like it’ll be around $3,700AUD / $2,660USD for the eATB only, and about $4,520AUD / $3,250USD with all the extras included.

1 Like

Soldering iron and supplies, and the same backpack LaCroix Boards use, the Osprey Kamber 22, has arrived.

imageimage

1 Like

I’m also seriously thinking of building and coding a PWM Controller for use with the Max6 ESC.

Yeah that’s sadly the hidden costs that nobody calculate :sweat_smile:

Seems the delivery day wasn’t over yet. :joy:

1 Like

Decided to name my build “TIE/ad x1”, which is the TIE fighter model that Darth Vader flew. Why a TIE fighter? Well, I’ll be commuting on it, and flying in between the tie clad masses. :joy:

/edit also helped that TIE stands for Twin Ion Engine, and this is a twin engine build.

5 Likes

Big package day! This is what happens when you take one day leave. Deliveries!

Now I’m just waiting on the 8mm motorspurs from @Nowind and then I should have everything! I’ll start building though.

1 Like

Yes kids, I got it in raw finish.

8 Likes

sent it directly to me…I know you don´t need it… :joy::joy::joy: looks good! interested how it will look all mounted

2 Likes

You beauty! 8mm motorspurs arrived today, only one day after the big e-toxx shipment!

1 Like

Test fit without motors, since I need to figure this out first, and then get 3mm keyways cut into the shafts. Basically replaced the front red Dampas with green ones, and built the machined Infinity hanger onto the Vertigo baseplate with DD attached.

image image image image image image

6 Likes