TIE/ad x1 | 1st Build Trampa E-toxx (Australia)

Interesting. Mine came without assembly instructions, so kinda had to figure it out with outdated schematics on the internet.

1 Like

How much Amps will my system draw Const/Max? Essentially I want to know if I can use 45A Anderson Connectors instead of XT90.

Anyone? I need advice, I’m no electrician. @rojitor maybe you can tell me about the Anderson Power Pole connectors?

My trampa goes well over 45amps especially up hill

1 Like

you could use them as connector on the VESCs but as battery connector, better stay with the xt90s.

45A is easy to reach offroad or on a hill

1 Like

Celebrate every arrival LOL! :joy:

1 Like

Does anyone use xt60 for mtb?

Now that I’ve done a bit more research I wouldn’t think so, can only handle 60A constant draw.

But we don’t draw anywhere near that constantly

Depends how hilly your area is? There must be a reason my 65~130C batteries came with XT90 out of the box.

1 Like

there is no xt60 anti spark plug. one more reason. With wires and connectors you can never by too big. if you have the space for xt90 than use it. probably it would work too, but it´s not so nice to solder 10awg wires on a xt60 too.

Well I am running 90A mot/batt and using MT60 for phase connectors, after some hard pushing those connectors don’t even come warm so I guess they are more than enough for esk8 loads :slight_smile:

Is there any reason that I can’t put my batteries and ESCs at the front truck? I’d like to balance my build weight wise and visually.

I like my xt90 connectors…they easy to solder as well…8AWG or twice 10AWG no problem… why to make the life more complicated :wink:

I meant I use xt90 for power too, just motor instead of bullets I use MT60 not XT60

how you got the motor wires in the right order by the first time? just luck, or there is a easy way to test it out. Like that MT60 design, but don´t like that you can´t swap the phase wires if they wrong

Well motor wire phases order doesn’t matter ESC will pick it up. Worst case scenario you will need to change direction under general tab

The longer your battery-esc wires the more (bigger) induction induced spikes your esc will be exposed to.

Do you mean on the front top of the deck? That would mean endless phase wires, I had 85cm with ESC’s in the middle, that worked.

I like the idea of placing the ESC’s next to the battery so you don’t need extra caps but I recommend mounting everything in the middle of the board, especially when you use bindings.

The whole weight of your drivetrain and motors are on the rear truck and not on the rear of the deck. If you put weight on the tip of your deck the riding experience will be strange IMO. Middle position on the the deck is best for riding but carrying is a different thing :wink:

Motor direction isn’t a big deal, even if you connected it up and the motors spun the wrong way there’s a setting on the max6 where you can change which direction they spin (either clockwise or anti clockwise). And as others have advised its not recommended to have too long phase wires so ideally you wanna keep the Escs on the back.