TIE/ad x1 | 1st Build Trampa E-toxx (Australia)

But your motors rated only to 80a. What about that?

Oh, didn’t see that. You mean that I could achieve the same performance with one ESC and for phase I do y-wires, or doesn’t it work like that?

So at 80A and 29.6V per motor I’m only pushing 4.7kW combined? Man! Now I wonder what 8kW+ feels like!

No you need 1 esc for each motor. But even if your esc can handle 160A it doesn’t mean that you actually draw that current all the time. I think your esc work the same like a vesc when it comes to current regulation. If you drive on a flat road you push probably less than 30a through your esc, what means also your current drawn from the battery is somewhere around that and not 160a. I don’t know in how far you can program your esc, but for example if you have a vesc and your motor is rated to 80a (most 6374 motors rated between 60-80a) you set your motor max current to 80a.

3 Likes

Now for a BMS. I’ll start riding it before I have one, but I’ve got a bit of an under-mounted transformation in mind. My current use doesn’t come close to using the deck flex, even so when under-mounting I’ll custom make an enclosure.

Awesome build! Can you explain the beads in the wheels? Is it for speed wobbles? Also what type of lubrication are you using on the internal gear of your drive system?

Thanks mate! The beads are for balancing, although I haven’t put them in. Been so very busy the last two months, my new batteries aren’t even fitted yet.

Thinking of selling the LiPos and going LiFePO4. Is the 8S limitation on my ESCs due to voltage? If so, can I go 9S LiFePO4 to make up for some of the voltage drop?

This thread moved: e​sk​8.n​ews