"Tico" *UPDATE*/Red Ember Bludgeon/dual Maytech 6374S 170kv/ FOCBOX/20-60 PSYCHO 6SHOOTERS/ 12s5p bypass 30q/psycho mounts and enclosure

No go.

But I did just check the voltages between the ground on the jst and halls 1,2,3.

They sat .1 or 3.29 respectively as I spin the motor slowly. BUT between grnd and H3, it says 3.29 no matter where the motor is, aka never goes to .1 like the others…

Did I at least isolate the problem? Anyone know of a solution?

Anybody who actually checks my Build Diary, I mean build thread…lol…know anyone they could tag that might have a clue?

2 Likes

Sorry, im no motor expert so I can‘t tell you why… If you might attempt fixing the issue you could order the sensors from APS:

Good luck!

2 Likes

I wonder if they would fit, I honestly though, if I can’t figure it put, I will probably just sell it for someone to use uncensored. I guess. I will probably swap the can out with this BKB motor if I do that. We shall see. I am getting the BKB motor set up now

2 Likes

Fuck Sk3s. Will never buy them again. 15297711495087601482130917784002

Aluminum foil is more robust than these skrew heads. That was after preheating with a new bit.

2 Likes

Why were you trying to take it apart?

Edit: nvm…

2 Likes

Swapping the can. I got one out after hitting it with the heat gun for a second, but no go on the others

I just brought this. 15297726602988219108178472952334

Screw extractor, but is probably too big.

4 Likes

Yup, didnt work. Fucking swear. 1 sk3 with a dead sensor board. 1 with impossibly stripped screw.

$230 well spent… lol. I would order some maytechs from @psychotiller right fucking now if he had some in stock.

I am literally about to throw both of these out of the window. Need to go smoke a bowl.

3 Likes

I feel ya brudda

2 Likes

Yeah sk3s are built like shit. Maytech is out of 6374s for 3 more weeks…

1 Like

Damn, I really wish I fucked these up before you were out! I almost pulled the teingger on those TB 6380s. I still might, but honestly, they juat dont look cool. I want some maytechs.

You will need to drill out the screw and then re-tap the hole bigger, it’s quite a big issues with Sk3 motors

Well, I am over it. I am going to get some different motors. I really want some maytechs from psycho when they get in. Rumor has it there might be some good motors coming through alabama soon anyway. :wink::wink: @mmaner

Truth be told, I was already drilling out the stripped screw, slipped, and the fucking bit went into the motor.

Sweet. It seeems ok, but definitely dont want to run it until I get it apart to inspect.

I literally had to walk away for the rest of the day. Been the most frustrating thing.

All my fault obviously, I was trying to take the can off of a perfectly working motor like an idiot. Just to match. Dumb.

BUT, those tiny ass phillips are a disgrace. And I have no clue why the sensor board is bad on the other one.

1 Like

Did you put the spacer thing on thigiverse.

??? What spacer thing?

1 Like

dude, i know that walking away feeling… my woman says if i can’t keep my dirty mouth shut and stop breaking stuff, she will take away all my esk8 toys :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

Yup. I got in trouble too.

3 Likes

Honestly though I just try to copy @Namasaki now by running things as basic as possible no can, no sensor.

1 Like

The one for the hex grip tape application so you get equal distances.

Ooooooooo

I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/Hexagon-Quilting-Template-Seam-Allowance/dp/B01AE4RH20/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529857432&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hexagon+template&dpPl=1&dpID=61F5HvQ2XRL&ref=plSrch

And then you have to take your time on placement. A combination of measuring and what looks right visually.

1 Like

Yeah, but now that I got a taste of FOC dual 6374 190kv 12s5p sensored… there is no going back for me.

I will sell you this “sensored” sk3 6374 that the sensor doesn’t work for $50. Runs fine with no sensors. Lol.

1 Like