The Saw | R-Spec Drive | 4WD | dual Unity | Haya | 12S4P | 97mm

It’s like a house lamp, really great build, what range are you expecting?

If i’d had to guess, around 25km. 12s4p 30q cells

Heh. These hubs really are power hungry. And here I thought I was gonna get good range with my first ever thane build, but it consumes more energy at 33-38wh/mi than my trampa build at 22-25wh/mi

yup. I did a good 46Wh/mile going up twin peak. lmao. and ~28-30Wh/mile on mostly flat in stop and go traffic… they ride good but not efficient at all.

2 Likes

How’s your motor Temps?

haven’t check it yet but I just got batteries for my IR temp gun. the beta value for the thermistor was definitely wrong. and thermal throttles way before it’s necessary. I dont think heat is an issue now but it would be nice if I tune the beta value.

You have a metr, that logs motor temp.

Hurry up, enertion comp potential

3 Likes

For sure @Andy87 will be tampering with the voting

1 Like

sadly don’t think i am aloud to participate.

this build should be done by next week, just need to spot weld some tabs on the batteries then solder them on the pcb.

3 Likes

Cells spot welded and installed, silicone applied waiting for it to cure for the final install

26 Likes

Beautiful @Blasto , this has to win the contest

3 Likes

Looks really tidy, well done

Have a bottom view? Nickel spot welded to the cell and soldered to the PCB or also spot welded?

Hey @Blasto firstly great build. Secondly can you explain how you got the leds hook up to the nanox’s second channel.

1 Like

This is so beautiful. Now add in a fog making machines and you’ll be set!

5 Likes

This build is too cool. Just be sitting around here waiting for more photos. :sunglasses::beers:

4 Likes

@Blasto would you mind sharing the .stl for the riser? :grin:

1 Like

I’m out of town for the moment, snaped this before leaving. Soldered the tabs to the pcb, in hindsight should have spot welded instead for a cleaner job

Yeah i’ll post the schematic when i get back, basically i just optocoupled the output of channel 2 to be able to control battery voltage.

Yeah i guess, didnt put much effort in to it tbh. I feel with the risers it is a tad to high, but it was the minimum height to fit the on-off switch and charge port

9 Likes

Can u spotweld to an PCB? Never thought about that…