The role of deck height affecting the ride?

My stiff deck would be ~25cm wide, 90cm long and around 12.5cm in height with 90mm wheels. Total wheelbase width is 26cm

I could bring the deck height down to ~10.5, How much differance would that actually make tho? STabilty and control in curves with footstraps?

Thanks!

1 Like

You have to account for speed bumps. As long as you clear them with board hight and motor mount height, you’re good to go

1 Like

Ah yes, and some sidewalk-road interactions can be quite steep sometimes. Afaik, they should still clear up tho

12.5cm is from the ground to the bottom of the enclosure or to the top of the deck? When you have 5cm from the bottom of the enclosure to the ground you are fine. Then you have to be sure your motor mounts fit too

HUB master race!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: , tho I do wanna have dual outrunner option available someday

Yes to the top of deck, giving me 9cm of ground clearance

It’s really high. I feel the difference with 3mm more than what I am use. You should try to make it lower. Way you have such high board? Risers or what?

It will be a straight ~25mm thick deck atop of trucks with height of 100mm (total wheelbase 260mm and wheel dia of 90mm (Maytech hubs) - total stand height ~125 max

I could lower it max 20mm to bring total stand height down to ~105-110mm (which sound much nicer and still have ground clearance of at least 80mm (very stiff deck also, I think)

Jea, I think I’ll go with this solution. I can always add raisers in the future

Yes! that’s something I wondered myself as well, but is there any consent about from where, for everyday city riding, this lateral grip make the ride more ‘unstable’ (?) or like giving you the feel that the board will flip or something?
And the opposite that when the axel-deck distances decreases, you lose truning/carving ability?

How would binders help? I’d be using those adjustable half-hook straps. I wonder if you can use those to change the direction of your board by lifting and rotating your board while standing? For tight situations

F*ck Yeah!! Great explanation

3 Likes

Thx @Deckoz that was really helpful!

3 Likes