The Pho3nix (3rd reborn): Trampa 35 HollyPro 12S4P ESCapes 6384 APS motors

Absolutely beautiful.

Here you go man!

11 Likes

Love it Alan! It accelerates without effort. How those 6384 feels with the previous 74’s?

Yeah, I need throw myself forward a lot in order to keep my self balanced under full throttle.

I’m having belt skipping though, but I fixed it but tight them, not sure if that’ll wear the motor pullies faster.

Might need to add some idlers.

2 Likes

So what is your favorite Trampa now? Do you prefer this over the street / urban carver?

1 Like

After a couple of days of riding it I was able to detect some issues:

1. Rattling on the front wheels, axles were loose Fixed

2. Trampa bearings had way too much drag Changed them by old bearings with adapters, less drag

3. Belt skipping issues Tigthed them till they had almost no flex, skipping fixed

4. Grinding noise on the motors Motor mounts loose, adjusted them with Loctite

5. Too narrow power band Changed the motor pulleys from 12 to 14T, accelerations is crazy now

6. Board too wobbly Adjusted the front and rear springs until screws were flat to the board. Sweet spot, perfect steering and stability

7. Enclosure rattling Adjusted enclosures screws with Loctite

Riding a board with no rattling or sounds feels like riding a brand new car, even at really bad roads you feel confident to push the throttle to the max.

8 Likes

You should really give these bonded washers a try, great for dealing with changing loads on bolts with flex

7 Likes

Damn! All the things you guys have in USA that we Peruvians don’t get. Thanks for the recommendation max

2 Likes

I really love to see a road on the horizon full of potholes, uneven pavement, brick sidewalks and knowing that I’m not going to slow down, just pull the throttle all the way to the max and it goes over everything at full speed, like if you were riding in a brand new bike path with a perfect smooth surface, I never slow down now, ever. That’s the most satisfying feeling when riding this board.

Now, when I get to a destination were I need to carry it over starways, I really suffer and wish I had taken the smaller board.

Everything else it’s just a dream, it’s a freaking perfect board, when I get to my destination I feel I got there too fast and I have the need to go out again. It handles close corners and obstacles with precision without sweating

7 Likes

Grappling hook+motor as winch= problem solved

2 Likes

Mini rocket boosters= problem solved + more top speed

@Eboosted your battery enclosure it just perfect, i love …What technique and what material did you use for its creation? very nice build in general bravo

1 Like

It’s flexible resin with fiberglass sheets painted with low pressure acrylic paint, you first make the design in foam sand it down to your liking then use a later of fiberglass and use it as a mold for replication.

What kind of foam?

ok thank you I saw that you were not at your first case battery :wink: … good job … @mikenyc expended polyurethane foam I think, I made a mold for the carbon case of my first build with this material

That looks almost reptilian, sweet man!

1 Like

Hi @Eboosted , are you using the motor mounts from @Idea from here? What about wheel pulleys? Are they from the same kit?

What kind of speeds do you get? It’s a 14/72T setup on 8" wheels but what kv on the 6384?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m getting 55km/hr, the esk8 calculator is dead on, pretty precise at 85%, however I reach 46km/hr pretty often with good stability, max speed I’ve seen on the logs is 52km/hr but that feels to be the limit for safe riding over a Trampa deck.

1 Like

Hey there @Eboosted gorgeous build!!! Nice job on the battery too. Would you mind posting which BMS and anti-spark switch you ended up using?

Thanks