The flipsky dual esc group buy. ITS ON. 130$ including usa shipping

Is @Hummie planning a dual 6.6 GB now that FS is showing it for sale on their site again? :nerd_face:

the cost of the dual 6.6 wholesale i dont remember right now but do remember it not being as good a deal as bulk of the 6.6 single. @evopanop Does the dual have better components or something because the retail price is over 10$ more than two of the single 6.6?

1 Like

@Hummie Honestly no idea if the components are any better or different, just thinking that packaging might be easier to figure out with the dual unit. Maybe not. Iā€™m sure thereā€™d be interest in a GB for it, though, if possible.

i think it was only maybe 40$ cheaper in bulk. id have to check. like half the deal of the 6.6 singles. i dont think iā€™ll do the group buy for it but after wednesday when the other group buys are done if people are up in arms for it id do it.

Hmm, but this GB with hummie is for the 4.xx dual version. So thatā€™s not solid?

Thereā€™s a number of upgrades that chaka came up with that increase 12s foc stability. Only a few people adopted them and most (including vedder) rejected them. I can tell you, chaka 4.12ā€™s are super reliable. Everything else I tried, not so much. The v6 fixes a lot of these issues so now itā€™s just a question of how well are these made in my mindā€¦

some people are are doing well with these it seems and some have had over current cutouts and have had to back off their settings, but those over currents im pretty sure were all with people running them in foc and if you just run them in bldc thats an easier challenge for the escs and i bet theyre a sure thing if you do that. test and see and tell us. at worst it seems an over-current shutdown would happen and then youd have to back off the amp settings

Ok, I think ill stick with bldc and 10s with this until more try foc.

Does this cutout thing also happen with Flipsky single 4.12? I have 2 of their singles but I only have a 10s pack so would like to hear from anyone who tried 12s on the single version.

@hummie, has this been ordered? eta by chance?

Was going to order tonight. Theyā€™re supposedly in stock wed.

3 Likes

sweet, thx for the update.

I just sent you payment for 1.

1 Like

You were running 10s on FOC?

I wonder if anyone has had problems with 10s.

I personally dont do FOC, but the 10min i ran it in FOC it did not have any problems.

I tested the dual today on 12s2p 20700b cells and yeah they cut off under hard acceleration and braking.

4 Likes

Well weā€™re all in it now! Hope to hear other results and maybe we can do somethings to compensate or even just run bldc to avoid cutouts. @sayekim can u tell us more details itā€™s hard to work the thing above. What were ur limits. Maybe temp dependent? How often did it happen? Any recommendations?

1 Like

Doesnā€™t that Sanyo pack have a BMS limiting the Amp output? I believe Chinese manufacturers put BMS right on spec of the battery discharge rate. Then, the limit would be pretty low. That could be the reason for the cutouts?

1 Like

hey sayekim from that telemetry, it seems like it has drv fault when ever you hit lower than -60 motor A, assuming you have it set at -80, can you try doing another test with higher min motor A?

40 -50 25 -17

It happens every time on full acceleration and braking with a drv8302 error but as soon as you let go of the trigger you can use it again. I ran it in FOC.

If you click on the Metr logo you can check it in a browser if that helps. There are other options too on the data if you click on the values and so on.

I havenā€™t tried any other settings. I will try with lower values next time see if I can reproduce it.