The flipsky dual esc group buy. ITS ON. 130$ including usa shipping

Does anyone have any telemetry data to share? I will try them out soon myself paired to speed drives. Will share data when ready.

I should have some Monday or some time next week, using android 8.0 so i have some minor problems with saving logs atm

1 Like

This thing is tiny. I did not realize how tiny.

2 Likes

7 Likes

@mmaner @longhairedboy do you get ABS OVER CURRENT? Does the vesc do that 3 second reboot thing? Or just momentary no response? @mmaner are you 10s or 12s? Thanks guys for reporting.

I need to hook it up to a something to monitor it while its tripping. I have a pair of metr kits on the way, i can maybe do more with that when it gets here.

i didnā€™t throw away the FSESC4.20 100, iā€™m keeping it for posterity, so we can always go back and observe its terribleness first hand.

3 Likes

Come on man get off your ass, what kind of testing rig is it with no telemetry? Do you also use your hands to check temperature? So primitiveā€¦

:wink:

I use steak for measuring mosfet temperature if its sizzling then its good temperature :smiley:

3 Likes

why yes i do grab hot motors to feel how inefficient my ESC is behaving.

there is a lot to be said about feeling.

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting DRV errors, but they go away after a second. Iā€™m running 12s FOC at the moment. Iā€™m going to switch it to BLDC this afternoon and see what happens.

1 Like

Could it be an issue with running the dual VESC on 12s? Do you have a 10s battery setup to test it with?

1 Like

just wanted to say what i wrote before was wrong and the 6.6 @evoheyax is now running maybe 8 hours a day while he does delivery on his bike has shown to be problem-free on foc the whole time and didnt have a cut-off and it was a still unexplainable battery issue

Soā€¦ Was this a bad investment?

I do, but it wont be easy. Iā€™ll see if my kid wants to test it in his board.

1 Like

So far it sounds like it has issues with anything over 10s and FOC.

Normal Chinesium related issues so far, i still have yet to run into issues on 10s with dual hubs at 50A ran the board the entire day with just the basics put into the vesc and i must admit im amazed.

3 Likes

What hubs are you running?

I only have 10s, so Iā€™m thankful to hear that!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been doing deliveries with one I got from hummie with no issues for 3 weeks now. Th first one blew right away on the first acceleration. I configured it correctly. Just stutter stutter stutter and nothing. Just gives a blue light, no green or red light. But this second one has been getting pushed. 3200 watts max, 1900 watts con with foc and 12s voltage levels (Iā€™m using a headway pack so voltages are different). I do at least 40 miles a night commuting to work and working. Thatā€™s over 600 miles so far.

3 Likes

You back from the Hiatus? How was it?

Not quite back. But Iā€™m playing around with some things.

Sorry, wrong thread, might be confusing people. I tested the 6.6 flipsky esc without any issues. Still, $200 ish for dual esc is a steal. Still cheaper than dual focbox, even on sale. The 4.xx platform has issues and If you donā€™t want to waste your time and money, skip it and go to the 6.6.