The ductape can fix it thread

Saving those for the pictures thread. :wink:

1 Like

No BRIAN.

Motor vehicles are for the bourgeoisie people, remember? Gosh.

Only shame.

10 Likes

This is only true if itā€™s your rear hanger with the motors. If itā€™s the front, then thereā€™s no excuse for not popping an prolonged wheelie all the way home.

1 Like
10 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a story Iā€™d like to hear ! Got a link or else ? And sorry for your crash lol

3 Likes

@nono_fr this thread is for you, go impress them (or scare them)

2 Likes

Whereā€™s the duck tape at? Plenty of surface area

1 Like

Everything was done except mounting the enclosure but there was a sudden group ride and i wanted to test it :rofl:20181113_203950

10 Likes

Thereā€™s not a ton to tell here that I havenā€™t already.

Basically we have a PDX eBoarding crew that does group rides. The OWers started as only a few, but over the ā€œoff rainy seasonā€ (fuck that noise, my board is sea worthy), they multiplied like vermin.

There were probably 30 of them on Friday night, completely outnumbering the 4-wheel crowd 2:1. Like a horde of ass mallards completely lacking situational awareness, road experience, and looking like they were on safari to Comicon. The number of helmet and/or selfie stick mounted GoPros was straight up depressing; it was like riding with the fuckin paparazzi.

They just were generally in the way, running into skaters or each other. Getting lost and generally just loping around like a pack of mauled gazelles.

I didnā€™t ever crash because Iā€™m a giant man and Iā€™ve got a 3 wheel advantage, but being bumped into constantly and getting hit in the helmet with selfie sticks was irritating to say the least. Then I had to avoid one that stopped suddenly in front of a pack of people, and my motor took a hit on some nasty pothole/train tracks situation. Hence the roadside repairs.

I hope my newfound racism towards OWers is palpable.

5 Likes

And I donā€™t want to be that guy but there was like four of them that werenā€™t even wearing helmets. I never started wearing one up until a year ago. But at this point if I was putting together a group ride and someone showed up without one. Iā€™d tell them to go home. Especially the anger hillbilly on the meepoop.

3 Likes

So much anger from him. To be fair if I was riding that Iā€™d be mad too.

5 Likes

Thank goodness I only ride 1/2 mile from the grocery store. My 18 mile work commute thoughā€¦that was the longest 4 miles of push skating after a 14hr work shift EVERā€¦

4 Likes

That guyā€¦ Ughā€¦

Haha. Yep!

3 Likes

Well fuck I didnā€™t imagine it would be this bad haha I guess Iā€™d wreak havoc if random dudes hit my helmet with selfies sticks :exploding_head:

I wasnā€™t even there and feel fucking annoyed.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still annoyed. It legitimately ruined the ride. Iā€™m not kidding though, like 25+ of them buzzing around like gnats, mouth agape and with zero situational awareness. I swear they all went in on a GB of mustache wax too. Utili-kilts and at least one wearing a monocle. Ugh.

I also just fucking hate having GoPros shoved in my face.

Iā€™m doing the typical Portland passive aggressive thing and starting a separatist group that bans anything with less than 3 wheels.

4 Likes

Ok Iā€™m on my way!

1 Like

This is why I ride solo and just read the forums, I people enough at work to deal with selfie sticks in my face.

1 Like

Held for 42.9 miles, :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I donā€™t have pics but I once ductaped a truck (non electric board) Lasted around 2 weeks of at least 3 miles a day while doing Ollieā€™s and small two stairsā€¦