The ductape can fix it thread

Hi fellow eskaters

After threads like https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10261 and several other catogorized picture threads I thought it would be fun to share all the short term ‘wacky’ improvements/repairs you have made :sweat_smile:

To start of I have my charging setup at the amazing fatdaddy kart event where I wanted to charge faster then 2A so I used an old computer power supply with a regulator to get 4amps (credits to @Grolletje for these parts)

IMG_1135

7 Likes

You called?

15 Likes

hahhahahha the god has ascended

1 Like

5 Likes

I can already sense that this topic is finna be lit

6 Likes

Rocks would enter the motor of my old single drive all the time, tape to the rescue, not a single one got inside since then

IMG_1346

9 Likes

20190316_084242 When my anti spark blew it took my battery gauge with it do to proximity. I then replaced anti spark with loopkey. Ive got extremely limited space so my only real mounting option for the key was where my battery gauge used to be. Since i decided to replace my enclosure for a double stack i haven’t token the time to repair the gauge hole and mount the loopkey properly. Gorilla tape to the rescue. (Much better than ductape) Thanks for letting me use your roll @DerelictRobot

9 Likes

IMG_20190311_112717951 literally sealed with gorilla tape does that count?

10 Likes

For reasons I won’t get into here, I managed to nearly kill one of my Hoyt Pocket Rockets last night. I blame the OneWheelers. We had already ditched those Utili-kilt wearing Selfie Stick wielding fuckheads but I had to make some roadside repairs to make it back to the base.

IMG_20190315_210637_01_01

IMG_20190315_221402

I’m fairly certain that my Unity warranty is void now because I just ripped the sensor cable savagely out of my enclosure on the spot. JST header condition currently unknown. Nobody tell Jason.

Made it back on one motor while my jackass friends laughed at me for having no brakes and limpdick acceleration.

PS: if you Uber back you have disgraced your ancestors.

PPS: OW’ers are KOS from now on if they’re holding a fucking selfie stick. Put that dumb shit away and watch where the fuck you’re going. Nobody wants to see your dumb face on your livejournal.

16 Likes

Praise anti spark loopkeys🙏

2 Likes

That was me the other day testing the first build of it. Taped saved the night when the reve clip broke off and the battery dragged now all the batteries except the Milwaukees are sandwiched in-between two boards bolted together then sealed in gorilla tape and flex seal now nothing falls off

2 Likes

Only exceptions to this rule are:

A) if you have more than 25lbs (11.3kg) of groceries or cargo.
or
B) if this happens:

or
C) all of the above

4 Likes

No. No exceptions.

2 Likes

I rather walk then take an uber

2 Likes

No Uber or Lyft maybe a bird lol

I’ll walk as soon as my battery gets low enough to avoid the shame that is unique to being laughed at by school children as you absolutely blaze by them at 6mph

2 Likes

Hahaha

7 Likes

You walk 5 miles across town carrying 40 lbs (18kg) of groceries, all your ice cream melting, also while dragging a super-heavy eskate on its deck because the wheels are fucked up and the motor’s dragging by a wire?

Nope

No shame in catching a Lyft occasionally. But only when it’s life-or-death

1 Like

Of course you were taking pictures instead of being a proper pitcrew. Jerk.

Thanks for avoiding my inevitable asscrack.

5 Likes

Over 1 mile is the only exception.

Ik the pain tho

Walked 3 miles home because a car ran me off the road and my motor got fucked

Too young to uber and couldnt get a ride.

4 Likes