The Darth Maul: Sector 9 Bintang, dual 6374s, FocBoxes, 12S4P, torqueboards 218mm trucks

Are those exactly the same as Flywheels? Would you not recommend them?

Those are original flywheels.

Oh I thought they were the Evolve’s version… I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience as you.

Everyone AFAIK

3 Likes

Would you say this is standard wear and tear from everyday use?

How long did it take for this to happen? I was looking at 107’s but if this is the outcome after short use… not so sure i want to :confused:

If anyone has other chunking photos please send them to me. I’m in contact with Chris about it.

4 Likes

Chris from Evolve or Abec?

ABEC 11

10chars

1 Like

Hey, sick build man. Did you use 15mm belts or 12mm?

Hello Ryan, I used 15mm, the 12 ones used to skip on hard/emergency braking

1 Like

Hello Alan, I’m curious. How much did the finished board weigh? Considering it was dual 6374’s, 12S4P, and 107 wheels.

Well that didn’t take long. No surprise to me since it is kind of general knowledge that those wheels don’t last.

When you say “those wheels” do you mean Evolve or Abec 11??

Evolve had a previous issue with wheels but i don’t think they were made by Abec ?

IAll Evolve wheels in general and yeah the black 107s in particular. My Abec11 97mm wheels hold up nicely but started chipping heavily after about 1500 km onwards. Not sure about the other 107s out there … but all black Evolve Abecs I’ve seen so far showed major chipping after a couple of weeks.

Well that is totally unacceptable , especially at the price if these wheels !!, ABEC 11 should be held responsible for a Poor quality Product. If Tire companies had issues of rubber chunking off Tire , they would be all Recalled immediately !

You do know that all longboard wheel chunk eventually, some faster than others some varying by condition, but they all eventually chunk. It’s possible that for Evolve that use a different forumuka to offset cost.

1 Like

oh no :(( that sucks… i bought my wheel 3 weeks ago and just slapped them on yesterday… @JLabs any updates from Chris?

btw finished board picture :smiley:

ignore the tape coming off the bottom :face_vomiting: gotta find a more perm solution…

1 Like

Well these are chunking within weeks !!,…i have Kegals that are 3yrs old that do not have a single chip !

Really all depends on how you ride, though I should correct my self , there has to be a formula out there that is nit prone to chunking