"The Cheetah" aka the Creepo board. (Upgraded Meepo clone build in progress)

Interesting feedback @NYCeboardDude… Is your BMS bypassed for discharge?.. I guess so as this esc should have an overcharge protection… But the lack of brake might happen because of this protection in facts… I actually don’t know. According to @Bjork3n, this is what actually happens at full charge… But actually, when do you really use your brake at full charge?.. This might happen, but if you have to use your brakes, it seems that you’ve been discharging right before… But I agree that it’s quite dangerous whenever it happens…

Where did you get the Vanguard clone? I want to mod a vanguard, but they’re ex$pen$ive and I can’t find any bamboo veneer to build my own.

DIYeboard was the shop i got it from. They are based in Hong Kong I think, but deliver worldwide and quite fast (let’s say 10 days). It’s actually not a real Vanguard clone… The deck has no concave at all, i even noticed that it has a slight convex… But it’s pretty decent, and has a correct flex… It’s overall a nice deck for experimentations, without risking to ruin a 180$ loaded board. It’s supposed to be bamboo and fiberglass built, so i presume it will be quite durable, and its weight is 1.350kg. here’s a link where u can check its flex yourself:

The guy on it seems to be pretty heavy though… I don’t get the same result weighting 67 kg…

1 Like

Bamboo veneers are available here if u want to build something yourself… but they will cost you both arms… http://www.roarockit.com/veneer-1/ I can’t figure out why veneers made from bamboo are that expensive… it’s nothing but a grass growing 3 inches a day… but it’s true that the process to turn it into veneers is costful and takes a lot of time, as it’s laminated and glued…

Could also be his bms cutting the load. You will only know for sure if you bypass. Regen is max 4.2amp so it’s very low, should be fine unless you brake for a very long time near full charge. Just don’t use the brake heavily in the beginning and you “should”'be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brakes?.. does this exist?.. I only rely on my shoes’s soles when it’s about braking… And on my judoka “how to fall without breaking your neck” skill if braking fails :smile:

I’m 38 old right now… Should I start thinking about wearing a helmet?.. :wink: I might need a new “how to fall without braking your deck” skill actually… lol

When i started riding above 30km/h i started to wear a helmet. Now i always use it, and im glad that i do, been to many moments when i could hit the pavement.

Come on be serious… do you really think that i’m going to ride this board?.. lol ok i might do this, but i’m not sure it’s going to reach 30 km/h… oh it might… a few seconds… before it blows! :smile: It’s an everyday struggle to avoid the pavement for me… I get at work with my rollerskates… the point is that i’m always still sleeping doing this, so i don’t notice the red lights… :slight_smile: A long time ago, my mom told me not to grab any bus while trying to get up a hill on rollerskates… But i’m affraid I never listened to her… lol

hey, thats me! Im trying to work on the heavy part, haha.

lool… i said heavy, but you have muscled calfs actually

1 Like

@Aleks would you give us a feedback on this board now that you fairly abused it?

i havent used it, went a different route.

@jess.t.moody wants it… i’ll just take a 15%fee on the transaction :smile: or u could send it to me i can carve matches with it…

if hes local to san diego :slight_smile:

I don’t know… I’m from Paris, so you would rather send it to me… (The one and only Paris, not Paris, Texas) :slight_smile:

you already have one, dont be greedy :wink:

diyeboard taobao