The Black Beauty 4WD Hub Build

Thanks, do they have any pictures of the urethane on the wheel?

You’d have to ask @DeVolve

Anyone know when these guys are going to drop any more info?

More pics coming this week of the progress. new urethane completed and the giant battery pack is complete weighing in at over 3kg.

2 Likes

I contacted these guys through Facebook about purchasing some motors and they didn’t get back to me. Has anyone received the motors yet?

Here is a look at the urethane guys and girls.

8 Likes

Is that some kind of locking cone in the foreground? The hole in that bearing looks pretty large for a regular truck?? Is this an updated fixing system?

No, it is the same system. In the previous pics, the locking cone was already inside the motor. Once you tighten the nut, the cone locks and stays on the truck.

1 Like

Ah. This explains a lot! I think everyone has missed this very important detail when discussing the hubs. Should work very well. Cheers Ben

2 Likes

Any idea when these might start shipping out?

Luke, have you had a positive experience with these guys? I purchased some of this gear in early May, still not shipped… The site provides no information that the motors are on back order?

Hey so the hubs should be getting manufactured but demand is outstripping suppy. I’m waiting for them to get back in Stock in order to order some. If need be you can message the company through the website or Facebook

Thanks Luke, their site says out of stock now. This was not the case earlier. They have been very responsive to my contact.

The guys are under the pump from what I understand, trying to make motors as fast as they can. A bunch have already shipped out to customers though.

If a load of these have shipped, it would be pretty good to show a video of them working on board or even a picture of the thane?

10 Likes

Here they are on original s10 trucks. Correct urethane is getting shipped soon, they sent me these so I didn’t have to wait. Waiting on parts to try them out…

1 Like

Anyone heard anything about new about these?

I had a chat to my mate and motors have indeed been sent out to customers, more are being made to cope with the demand.

1 Like

Am anyone show a video of these in action on a board?