The Black Beauty 4WD Hub Build

10 Likes

Here they are on original s10 trucks. Correct urethane is getting shipped soon, they sent me these so I didn’t have to wait. Waiting on parts to try them out…

1 Like

Anyone heard anything about new about these?

I had a chat to my mate and motors have indeed been sent out to customers, more are being made to cope with the demand.

1 Like

Am anyone show a video of these in action on a board?

Its much regret that I make this post. Particularly since I am new and are already making a negative post! Today is 14 June. After ordering 1 May when the items were “in stock” my order remains unshipped.

Herewith a summary of broken promises:

1 May - order placed - It sin stock and shipped by fedex. Delivcery expected in two days. Yeah right!

8 May - after 7 days and no shipping, i contact them - “we’re waiting on more motors, expecting to be this week… I will get our team onto this” - But they were in stock, huh? Anyhow, I never heard back!

22 May - 21 days and no shipping - “ETA is meant to be this week. I can update you in a couple of days.” - I never heard back!

2 June - “I broke my leg…I believe your stuff should be in stock now. I’ll find out why it hasn’t shipped if it hasn’t. Monday I promise I’ll come back to you.” - never heard back

12 June - 5 weeks after order “Hi. Apologies for the delay. We just received more stock today. You order will be shipped out in the next 24 hours” - never heard back

Today “As mentioned we ran out of stock when you ordered. These things unfortunately take time to make…Our stock arrived this week” - Actually you told me it had arrived, it either has or it has not

Today - I will come an collect “We don’t offer collection sorry…I would prefer if you cancelled your order”

—Rant Start—

esk8hub, why so many lies, just do what you promise!!! When you screw up, OWN IT. Dont lie or BS people. The maker community is made up of understanding people. I hope I am an understanding person. I get it, retail sucks, customers are a PITA, I am a PITA. Its not that you did not ship, its that you continued to treat your customer as a mug. It swings both ways asshole! -

–Rant Over—

I will post an update when I actually receive the cash refund!

Thanks bolts

1 Like

Is there anyone who received them?

Sorry for you bad experience but thanks for sharing.

@DeVolve @Luke @ekitesurfer as you seem to have either received some goods or be involved in some way. Do you guys have any comment or can you help out @bolts with this? On the face of it it looks like a scam. Without knowing all the story it’s difficult to be sure but sometimes if something seems to good to be true…

Thought I’d chime in here. This is not a scam. As with anything there can be unforeseen delays. When this guy ordered we had just run out of stock. Our shopify site wasn’t setup for stock tracking so it didn’t put the items out of stock. We didn’t anticipate the number of people wanting our hubs.

We explained that we had run out of stock and there would be a delay in getting more motors made. It takes time to make more.

Fast forward I had to goto shenzen to fix an issue with the urethane which caused some more delays for the motors. In the meantime I broke my leg and had to undergo surgery to put 10 screws and a titanium plate in my leg.

Each time we have offered this guy a refund but he opted to continue to wait.

Can anyone show some evidence of these hubs working on a board with a rider on it? If you ran out of stock there must be quite a few being used?

We had a very small amount of stock initially around 30 sets. We have been speaking to other customers who have them and have been riding them.

We just received some more stock this week which were shipping out and we have another 100 sets of hubs on the way.

Not sure everyone who has bought is active on the forums. Regardless we’re not here to scam anyone.

So as a producer of these have you set some up on a board and filmed them? I’d think that would be an obvious thing to do if you had made what looks like an excellent product?

2 Likes

I’d love to but my leg is broken. I had 27 staples removed from it yesterday. I’ll ask another customer to send me some footage.

3 Likes

@Esk8hubs - good to have you on this thread and be publicly accountable, good and bad. Previously, some other ‘parties’ were promoting virtues of your products.

This is my final post on this matter. I hope your products live up to their promise.

Yes, I was offered refund on more than one occasion. I declined until today as I no longer believed any statements made by the vendor. I was also offered discounts for my inconvenience, I declined any discount as I paid for the products at that price and did not want to take advantage of the situation.

To be clear, you don’t have to steal someone’s money to be scam. You just need to be materially dishonest in your dealings.

It is interesting to note that you had 27 items in stock. Yet you continued to take orders in full knowledge of this fact.

“we had over 100 orders for hubs in the last week alone”

For those not aware, it generally takes around 1 month to make a batch of brusheless motors. Other than the initial stock, you continued to take orders and then proceeded to make multiple false statements to me regarding availability. You clearly knew there was no stock arriving.

I am sorry about your leg, it does sound incredibly painful. I am curious what the rest of your team is doing to help you in your time of need “i’ll get our team onto this” . Since they never appeared to step up when you were in hospital, it is quite clear that their is no team. I stupid thing is that I don’t care if there is no team, but why make these patently misleading statements. If there is a team, well, I suggest you find somewhere else to work!

Let this be a lesson. All you needed to do is make one post on this thread stating you over sold and when new stock was expected. An update post closer to the time to confirm. It’s that easy. I would never even have msg you.

This us my final post on this matter, I have said my keep. I genuinely hope you get your act together as the motors look pretty good IMO.

Cheers Bolts

We fully intended to fulfill your order. As you say yourself brushless motors take around a month to make. Hubs plus urethane take longer. I understand your frustrations and apologise if you felt mislead.

3 Likes

Just thought I might pitch in on my view here. I’ve ordered a pair of these hubs as well and have been informed that I will receive them towards the end of this month, I’m fine waiting as there aren’t a lot of choices for hubs atm and believe these will be worth it. On another note there has been occasions where I have waited an extra 2-3 months past expected date for parts from Enertion such as the vesc-x and nano-x, each time I asked for an eta I was given a vague answer. Once I even got an answer saying they were going to be shipped on the 14th of the month when it was the 25th! So it not uncommon for parts to take a little longer than expected in the esk8 community. Also if you look at the title of this forum it is “The Black Beauty 4WD Hub Build” not “Esk8hubs”. The forum was created to document the process of the build. At the time of writing this Esk8hubs account was created 3 hours ago. From that I’m guessing he wasn’t expecting to get such reception putting his products up.

5 Likes

Well said mate! Now that everything is out in the open and everyone has cooled down we can go back to waiting for the delivery of Black Beauty :grin:

I wish my friend a speedy recovery also :raised_hands:

FUN FACTS:

• It has a 740wh panasonic battery.
  • 4WD with 90mm urethane.
  • Modified Vesc to handle higher current.
  • Frequency hopping remote.

:blush:

3 Likes

740wh I like that number! 10s7p or 12s6p?

760wh sorry! 8S6P 20700 cells. :blush: