The Babe Chaser | Carvon's Dual Hub Motors | Dexter's 12S3P | VESC x2 | Deciding on Deck, Controller, and Enclosure

@Namasaki - I think your issue is exclusive to the firmware you were using. The new firmware should fix your issues :smile:

I power up hills on 12S with no heating issues. Will PM you a few things…

2 Likes

That’s great news! And thanks for getting it shipped out so quickly! Anxious to get back on the road and try it with new firmware!

Running dual motors on 12s. The power and acceleration is intoxicating! It’s amazing when a 185lb rider can fly up hills going 28+ mph. Higher voltage also means less current so the motors run cooler.

1 Like

I am really glad to hear that! I live in a reallly hilly area, and I am a little lighter so I should be good on climbing when I need to! Getting excited, just got some photos posted up on my build thread. Getting there…

1 Like

Hill climbing is fun! :slight_smile:

which 12s pack would you choose?

I went with Dexter’s ( ^^ Torqueboards ^^) 12s3p Pack…

( product/electric-skateboard-battery-epower-pack-12s3p/ )

Mainly because he was so helpful with my build, but also because it’s basically the only premade 12s pack that I have seen anywhere that is plug and play, has everything you need in a pack, is well built, and uses quality cells. You could also make your own if you have a lot of free time, the tools and skills to do so. I do not meet two of these requirements. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@RunPlayBack @sgaana @Haimindo @kai How is initial torque? ie. with or without a kick off if you floor it how long does it take to get going top speed or reasonably fast?

With 12S LiPo the startup torque is about the same as 6S single belt drive with small motor but after one second the hubz are much better. I dont know how fast it reaches top speed because I dont have adequite protective gear :grin:

Just ordered the TSG full face helmet

Just waiting on TorqueBoard’s VESC, battery, and enclosure now.

1 Like

I use Nyko Kama and usually give a initial push and start moving the joystick for a couple of seconds, then press C buttock while still moving the joystick. With this, I find your you can control the speed much easier. I have not been able to start smoothly from stand still position. Good luck

How good are those roads.

1 Like

Luke wich jet skateboard is it ? What model ? I Can’t find it.

The roads in those videos are in my mobile home park and they are very smooth.

It’s the Jet Machine 3D

Yeah they looked really smooth. Id be just running up and down all day.

Just go my 12s3p today! Was super stoked but immediately noticed something was wrong. The button only works about 60% of the time…

I am pressing down all the way everytime. Sometimes I hear the click and the button comes back up halfway and the battery is up, sometimes no click doesn’t turn on, and sometimes there is a click and doesn’t turn on.

@AbrownMN You have similar problems?

Seems like the push button switches are unreliable :frowning: similar issue Enertion had with his packs.

I’ll try and get some instructions and new switches sent out to you guys soon.

Yeah, same issue here. I’ve had some other strange occurrences here too without even trying to draw power out of it yet. But so far I can’t find a way to reliably replicate them.