[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Yeah worth the money. I just used them yesterday and even with some of the blue loctite I could apply torque without any worry of bending the wrench or stripping the screw

1 Like

It’s already come in handy lol… removed a shitty rounded out stainless hex screw today

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8288?u=aretardedpillow Fuck you and ya pushing!!! Slow crew!!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: you should try kick pushing some time it’s good for your health young one

6 Likes

I only kick push when I’m drinking 2 bubble teas at once and have no room for remote

11 Likes

Lol, I see a resounding yes on that. Makes me feel bad that I wasted $7 on the set I got today. I mainly got it as a starter set to see if I really needed a whole set before I potentially upgrade later. That is generally what I try to do with all the new tools I buy because I can be pretty impulsive when buying things sometimes. Problem is, one of the sets I seen is pretty expensive and I dunno if I can buy that now. This one that I saw recommended might be overkill, I dunno.

https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-66992-MagicRing-L-Key-Holders/dp/B000LF2LJM/ref=pd_ybh_a_24?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QEQQZ7PMXQHHCH1XS8G3

@Skunk @Sender @J0ker3366 @Wraith @jasonbhuynh Any recommendations? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with other hex key sets out there besides the Wera set @Skunk convinced me into buying but I’m liking it so far. solid buy and I’m certain its gonna last me a real long while

1 Like

I have that same deck! Favorite push board for sure. The pantheon trip

3 Likes

Oh yes I am loving it super comfortable ride amazing :wink:

1 Like

The wera “hex plus” are basically the worlds best allen wrenches. Their claim to faim is a special geometry that can remove rounded bolts. And apply more torque to non rounded bolts. Also they are super high quality.

I found that the BONDHUS are very good too and a cheaper then wera. But they don’t have that special geometry for stripped bolts. Mine have lasted years of regular use and still fit perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Bondhus-69499-L-Wrench-ColorGuard-Finish/dp/B00FBFI53S/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1543890731&sr=8-14&keywords=bondhus+allen+wrenches

4 Likes

Okay, thank you. Wow, that is loads cheaper than the one I linked. I’ll put that on my tentative list of things I still need but yet to acquire.

1 Like

There’s a reason it’s hella cheaper. I reluctantly shelled out the money against my better judgement, based only on the recommendations of folks on this very forum, and bought these Wera Hex Plus allen keys and I have to say omfg I’m glad I bought them. They are SOO MUCH better, especially with grub screws and things like that. If you hate stripping hex, then you NEED to buy these, do not accept imitations.

8 Likes

Okay, I actually have both on a list. Since I’m not getting them right away, I’ll have time to consider. It’s not that I doubt the extra investment is worth it. I know it is. I just sank a lot already into this project, so I gotta slow down for a minute. lol

All I’ll say is if you go with the slightly cheaper option, one day you may have a bolt stuck and you’ll wish you spent the extra $20 bucks

5 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8291?u=skunk

Hard to tell what’s going wrong off the one picture.

@skunk the mounts are apparently designed for tb218s which have a larger hanger, so the screw holes don’t line up when using genuine calibers

1 Like

You have the clamp tightened down already? That’s the issue with cast caliber trucks. there’s always going to be a variance.

Don’t file! Use shims or shrink tubing

2 Likes

The hangers too big not too small.

*edit wait. No other way around… Lol. Multitasking is bad

Yeah so put a piece of heat shrink on the hanger, then install the clamp. Cut away excess heat shrink.

1 Like