SwissBoard P1 4 Wheel Direct Drive

1539855953536200728360256725734 As I said, still waiting

3 Likes

Hey guys,

Thanks for helping me start my morning) you gave me a good laugh! No one is scaring me, Iā€™m currently riding 1 of our prototypes, getting some testing miles on it, and Iā€™m not the best at multi tasking.

The Instagram is very new, and I just gave a hint to my team to follow some people from the forum, didnā€™t mean for them to follow 70% of you, sorry for that)

SwissBoards is my company, based in Switzerland, and we have quite a few products planned out for this year. The board you saw, is the first complete weā€™ll have on offer. Itā€™s an integrated, all maple and fiberglass, deck, housing a 10s4p made with VTC6 cells, and 4 direct drive motors, all made by us, in Switzerland.

The remote is nowhere close to generic Chinese remotes, here is a rendering from a long time ago if youā€™re interested:

We had a lot of changes done to it, and will be sharing progress on that Instagram page. We are still a little far off from the finished product, but when we are done, it will be quite a board.

This is definitely not as much as you expected me to write, but I also didnā€™t expect this thread! And Iā€™m going up a 20% hill at 27mph now, so I kinda have eyes full of tears and I canā€™t see the phone screen to well.

Anyways, if you have any particular questions, let me know. I canā€™t promise to answer everything, but Iā€™ll do my best to both keep you intrigued and well informed.

SwissBoards :smirk:

26 Likes

80% of this thread is us just talking about the wait lol. I donā€™t know what to even say if I still come back after an hour and find @BoostedBuilder still typing.

Edit: Shit he just posted lol

3 Likes

Any specs about the hangar and axles? Motor specs like kv, size?

Also thank you for finally ending our torment but no need to reply since i didnt realize you were riding right now lol

will it be available as a separate remote with a receiver!? that things stunning

2 Likes

Its all getting pretty exciting for 2019 imo. Great stuff.

3 Likes

just not so much for the mtb sectionā€¦ how nice would be a dd for 9" pneumatics :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

And plans on selling separate parts?

2 Likes

This is awesome, thank you for doing this!

2 Likes

Currently, axles are 11mm stepped down to 7.92mm, milled from 17-4 PH steel which is pretty much the hardest steel out there. We have 2 lengths, 250mm and 290mm for 2 different motor sizes. 5565 and 5575 motors.

Production axles will be 11.6mm stepped down to 8mm, same material, and will only be made in 260mm width for 5565 motors.

Motors can output up to 3000W of continuous power, however our connectors limit it to 1375W, so these motors might not be very interesting to builders, unless you put your own connectors, which wonā€™t be very easy. Approximately 75kv, silver wire windings, ceramic bearings, IP66ā€¦ and more to come.

Thank you. We are thinking about it, however most likely no.

We are working on some AT cores similar to the Kegel, which weā€™ll fit the drives.

Most likely only the drives/wheels.

7 Likes

Well with 7" wheels, 12s and 75kv its like 100km/h and like 1/3 of the torque is left compared to urethane wheels so I donā€™t think its really worth it :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ll let you know if it was worth it after testing!

6 Likes

With @Holyman92ā€™s termination switch it might work ok, thatā€™s if itā€™s wound for 75kv delta.

Btw how did that switch work out?

@pat.speed, Havenā€™t tried it because I havenā€™t been able to get some purpose built samples for a decent price

I am designing a circuit to handle the switching tho, the relay can be emulated with smaller components and Im shooting to make it handle 100A (a bit over kill but until I can test the circuit is rather be over than blow good components)

Riding at that speed and being able to write this on a mobile phone?

11 Likes

He could be using text to speechā€¦ I have a Bluetooth headset in my helmet synced to my Samsung watch when I ride so I can read the text at speed and then just say what I have to say

1 Like

Me a two. Iā€™m euasing ti rite now

11 Likes

Yes sir, roads are near perfect in Switzerland, and I can say the same when it comes to precision milling - these trucks are really stable!

4 Likes

@BoostedBuilder are these in fact your drives in the pics?

They sure are)

2 Likes