SwissBoard P1 4 Wheel Direct Drive

Congrats man! and super nice choice to go with a pre-built board. Except Raptor 2 there are no competitors in the premium pre-built DD boards. You board looks really slick. 90% of the customers want to ride a board and not build it, unfortunately! Please share more tests and video about it. One question how did you hold in place the hanger in the truck? glue? grub screws? Well done!

1 Like

@BoostedBuilder if you’re looking for testers I would love to get my hands on a set to try out with the delta/wye switch I’ve been working on

1 Like

Either way u can definately put me down for a set when they drop

1 Like

You mean the axle in the aluminium part? We fit them with a hydraulic press. So far, it’s been the best way.

yeh sorry I meant the axle in the hanger yes. So they are press fit inside? I didn’t know it could be a possibility. Thanks for the reply.

That’s right.

2 Likes

do you know by heart how wide it is the drive from side to side with wheels?

Not sure if I like that answer. Means you did not focus on the road 100% at that speed and other people could have gotten hurt. Don’t care if it’s maybe a remote location - you never know. It shines a potentially bad light on esk8ers when people are reckless like that and accidents happen.

/rant off

Not that @BoostedBuilder needs to defended by me but come on, it was clear to me that he just wants to show off a bit of excitement for the performance of his new born baby! He lives in Switzerland where esk8 is not allowed, I am pretty sure he won’t do something stupid to call him all the attention :policeman:. That also probably why he went for a super stealth look for his board :wink: I agree that we have to be all responsible while riding, but in this case I think you took him to seriously. @BoostedBuilder I would like to see a video of that hill climbing BTW :grin: You should test your board on the now famous steep hill that FabTRAV uses in his reviews (I am joking, but it would be fun).

6 Likes

Silver windings?! U jest.

Ceramic bearings are pennies compared to silver windings. No one does that. Maybe it’s for the super upgrade price. In my looking enameled silver wire is insanely expensive w little benefit.

1 Like

It did bring the price up quite a lot, but our motors are smaller than 63mm yet we are able to achieve very similar performance.

Our board will still be cheaper than an Evolve for example.

7 Likes

It’s all nice and everything but I have just one question…“HOW MUCH FOR THE MOTORS with TRUCKS” :smiley:

6 Likes

Why bottleneck such a premium motor build with small connectors? I’m curious @BoostedBuilder

Sometimes you gotta give to take, he gave up some W for ease of use.

1 Like

5.5mm bullets are pretty easy and can handle real power… that’s why im curious

Since this is for normal consumers not real diyers like us bullets would scream unfinished product and “diy”.

These wires makes it look finished, and way more easy to install and uninstall since it cant go in wrong so its better for a final product for consumers that wants a quality feeling product image

9 Likes

a. If, and only if, a motor fails, we can send a replacement, and a user with 0 knowledge can simply plug it in. b. They are waterproof and dust proof c. It looks very clean

And more reasons like @Lumaci said

4 Likes

Indeed. For the diy builder, how would we route it to VESC? Will you be making an adapter?

Yes, there is a female port, with normal wires) They are just thinner.

1 Like

This is really cool. I’ll be interested to see how these do on 2wd, and if they’re plenty fast at 1400w per motor then this is the shit! Awesome work man @BoostedBuilder. @Lumaci thank you for the reply!

1 Like