Surf's Up | Loaded Dervish Sama Circles | Custom Sensored Dual Hub Motor SK3 6374 | 6S Lipo | Xerun 150A ESC | 90 mm Flywheel Clones

Im not so interested where you got the halls, but would like to know serial number;)

5 Likes

Please help! Can you explain me how to connect the 3 x 3 pins of the hallsensors to the 6 pins from the VESC? Thank you!

Solder the 3x 5V together and solder the 3x 0V together. Then you have 5 wires coming from the sensors. Connect these to the vesc. See:

1 Like

does it matter what trucks you use? How long were yours? What brand truck did you use?

I used paris v2 180 mm trucks. But the wheels with motor are closer to each other as the ones without the motor. So you might want to use wider trucks for the hubs. See also: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-nicest-hub-motors-for-sale-cheaper-than-anywhere/1002/53?u=peter

1 Like

Could you maybe post some picture of your enclosure :slight_smile: It’s made out of wood and can slide in place ?

It is made of fiberglassed bitchwood veneer. It clicks into place with magnets. But I also use a velcro strap for safety.

5 Likes

Thanks! looks sick! I’m going to do an attempt myself, hubs + enclosure

Nice. Good luck.

really nice enclosure and the best wood :laughing:

1 Like

:joy: Birchwood…

Awesome sauce man jelly

Thanks so much for sharing these hall sensors. I modified the first motor over the weekend and after braking 3 of them and finding out that i soldered one sensor the wrong way it finally worked.

Is there a tip rom you to hold the sensors in position while you solder them and glue them in. I tried to use a bit of glue to hold them in position so that i can solder them. But it didn’t work very well.

BTW i could find out that one of my hall sensors were wrong by the help of this video

2 sensors mesaured 3,6V and one only 0,6V. So i checked it again and found my wrongly soldered wires.

4 Likes

Yes, soldering is a pain. Ordering some extra to practice is a good idea. I soldered them on the bench before putting them in between the slots. I think I used double sided tape to fixate them on the table. I tested them separetely with a 9 volt battery and a magnet.

1 Like

Hello Peter,

Do you have any tips how to remove the bearings and tube inside the SK3 motor tube? Is it the same technique you use when pulling out bearings out of wheels? Do you need to heat the stator ?

I don’t manage to get them out. I’m thinking of just leaving them in and put epoxy in it when putting them on the axle.

You can use a hex key to push it out from the other side of the motor. See https://youtu.be/sta20qCthR0

1 Like

After a lot of waiting and vacation. I finished mine! under load it makes a humming sound but free rolling and at cruise speed you don’t hear a thing. (bldc) It’s even more silent than my carvon v2 in foc (probably because my bearings are getting a little bit old)

Anyway, Thanks Peter for this amazing tutorial.

(atm it’s on a cheap chinese board. Going to be placed on a different one after further testing)

6 Likes

Nice!!! Thanks for sharing

im seriously considering this. I can’t get my damn belt drive to stay in place.