Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox

Sorry, I think I should put some photo to show what is included in the kit, because the factory is taking a holiday for the Chinese New Year, so I have not got a new gear. Kit includes 1x Aluminium Motor Mount 1x Aluminium Gear Enclosure 1x Aluminium Clamp 1x Steel 40T Spiral Bevel Gears (wheel) 1x Steel 20T Spiral Bevel Gears (motor) 1x VA-45 V-Ring 1x Axial Ball Thrust Bearings F8-22M 8227 2x 6706 Bearings

6 Likes

Yes, the gear ratio is still 2:1 (40T/20T)

4 Likes

Dual 6880’s on Calibers that would be a first. Really hoping this design works out and is actually practical

2 Likes

Yeah idk 2:1 even on 10s with 190kv is 35+mph. Might need to go lover kv motors to get more torque

2 Likes

definitely getting a set, @MorrisHsu you should start a new thread when your form goes up.

7 Likes

I wish you could make smaller gears. I run pneumatic 6"tires. With 20/40 gearing im looking at 60+ mph top speed.

1 Like

How’s the breaking? I assume very soft

Added rolling resistance on pneumatics always helps with that

1 Like

Ok~ Thank you for your advice.

2 Likes

What kind of wheel are you using? Maybe I can try making AT wheel.

I’m running sixshooters. 6x2 pneumatic tires

Hey @MorrisHsu are you planning on doing a group buy after the Spring Festival Golden Week holidays?

There is a disorderly line of people wanting to try these!

1 Like

This week I will start a new theme and create a Google form to investigate the booking.

1 Like

If you are interested, you can come to this thread.

2 Likes