Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox pre-order

I also use M8 grub screws on Aluminium Clamp, but it doesn’t seem to work.
For safe and easier to install I tried to design pressfit according to @sofu and @Winfly suggestions.
Now in production

4 Likes

Thanks for your work! Can’t wait for those pressfits :yum:

3 Likes

Cup point? and what is it torqued to?

This kind of screw. Use Allen key

%E6%93%B7%E5%8F%96

You need to torque it down with a wrench, not just with an allen key.

That also looks like a flat m8 grub, you’d need a cup point or knurled cup point grub screw.

If you’re already designing/set on a pressfit mount, you can probably ignore all this, though i’m not sure how tou intend to design a pressfit for non-precision trucks.

1 Like

I am not sure if I can use the pressfit mount on a non-precision truck.
I am still testing.
If it doesn’t work, I will use a similar pressfit mount and grub screw.
thanks for your suggestion :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

You cannot acheive a pressfit if you only have control over the tolerances of half the mating parts. This was the problem i had while designing a pressfit mount for caliber trucks - the casted trucks differed too much, with a deviation of 1mm at times.

2 Likes

I mean it could be an option to make a pressfit with the understanding that you will have to remove some material from your trucks to make it fit perfectly. Or sell them with the hanger modified already.

The ones on @3DServisas’ nano drive fits pretty well. It basically cup onto the end of the truck then use 4 grub screw to hold it down.

1 Like

Let’s not discount @b264’s moisturizer, JB Weld

& Ultimate grub image

6 Likes

+1 and actual :joy: haha moisturizer

1 Like

Don’t be dissin’ JB Weld 8265-S Original Formula

That stuff is the absolute motherfucking bee’s knees. (if used and mixed and cured correctly)

3 Likes

Doing a hard riding run, not full speed. Right side gearbox just dropped (previously left side has issues) but imma finish it.

5 Likes

tumblr_p7uuks2X8h1xrqgt2o1_1280

5 Likes

And here’s the final run. Still had some throttle amount left but didn’t want to push the dropped gearbox too much :upside_down_face:They sound really amazing at speed tbh

PNG

12 Likes

Any updated on if these will be made for kegel cores? sorry if I missed that somewhere

It would be trivial to change the hole pattern on the drive gear to support kegels I think…

1 Like

yeah looks like it could just be lined up and re-tapped but either way I’d want a clean product rather than doing it myself. with the kegels you could have a more prongs to lock the wheel into the gear

I think I want to get these and mount them forward facing, so as to be able to ride a board with a kick.

2 Likes

Been a while since visiting this thread. So after @sofu’s testing. Is the final product coming out soon? A month? Or a year? Just finished my build and need something different for the next one

Edit: just filled out form

1 Like