Speed issue 10S lipo + sk3 192kv + VESC

Hi everyone!

I have just finished today to build my board and made my first run few hours ago. But I have speed issue, it doesn’t go very fast, maybe 10 or 12 miles/hour, and torque is not that big too. I was expecting much much more…

Here is my setup :

• 10S Lipo 5000mAh (2 x Turnigy 5000mAh 5s 25C in series)
  • Turnigy SK3 6374 192kv
  • 83mm enertion wheels
  • 36T wheel pulley from enertion
  • 15T motor pulley from enertion
  • 12 mm drive belt from enertion
  • VESC 4.12 firmware 2.8
  • HK-GT2E 2.4Ghz receiver

You can see here a video of the motor running, and has you can see it doesn’t go that fast…

Motor mount is from ebay, so I had to make new holes to adapt it to my motor, the belt tension is quite hard now. Can it be the cause of my speed issue? The wheel is a bit hard to turn by hand.

Here is my VESC configuration :

your battery cutoff is wrong. at 40/37 its likely always triggering low voltage. since 42v is full 10s. but with voltage sag it will be <40v

change this setting to about 10* 3.6 = 36.5v start. 35 end. and hold on :wink:

1 Like

Oh yeaaaa ! You’re right, I totally messed up battery setup of VESC Now it’s like a missile, 60A for motor max is even too high, I almost kill myself 2 or 3 times, it’s so powerfull now !! I will tweak settings a little bit, I have now trouble with my motor mount, pulley of motor is almost gone because screw went out with vibration … Anyway, electronic is working fine and this is great ! Thank you for your help

60a is good once you get the hang of it. I would go with 45A motor. and 40A batt for a beginner mode.

and you lipo can probably do 2c charge. so -10A battery min is cool too.

and yes always use lots of thread locker! blue. not red. that stuff is imposible to remove on motor pulleys.

i have a dual motor set 6374 190 kv motors with a 12s4p battery it works fine but when i press the throttle all the way up one of the wheels stops spinning i have screen shots of my BLCD TOOL here. so i want to fix the issue !

Could be the erpm problem? Try limiting it to 60k.