Sorting out the origins of direct drive

I’ll cut and paste what u said again here since you seem to forget.

LEVER:

“There was no road map for me, no prior art on how to correctly do it. Then someone just literally grabs the thing you’re working on and runs away with it. Unlike TB, I create my products personally, because I want to personally know if it works, so I’m very invested in it.

I know you guys are fuming at me because of the delays. But you guys cannot deny the fact that CARVON literally came up with something that is revolutionary. And we did it the right way. We did it the hard way.”

That’s what we’re talking about. Read the title. Origin of… and you ain’t it. Don’t claim you were and we can move forward

1 Like

Your also assuming though that the assemble of motors is all the same. Why is it after you sent me the last dual drive, after not even 100 miles, my motor burnt out? Wasn’t the vesc, it was fine and still worked with another motor…

One of the reasons I like johns idea of building motors in house is so we can make sure the right stuff is used in the right way. These guys in the factory are told to do this, do that, they don’t understand that the short cut they figured out that saves them time is a Russian rullet that will strike some people later. And they don’t care even if it does. They don’t care about the quality of epoxies they use or magnets or motor wire or metals even.

Damn dude, do you have problem reading? I was talking about the Direct Drive design where you have the motors out “and” (this is very critical) with new and dedicated and designed-for truck. Can’t you understand that?

Really? Because the quote I keep reposting from you obviously reads differently. Maybe you should’ve written that

LEVER:

“There was no road map for me, no prior art on how to correctly do it. Then someone just literally grabs the thing you’re working on and runs away with it. Unlike TB, I create my products personally, because I want to personally know if it works, so I’m very invested in it.

I know you guys are fuming at me because of the delays. But you guys cannot deny the fact that CARVON literally came up with something that is revolutionary. And we did it the right way. We did it the hard way.”

Where’s that part?

I really appreciate and admire that you guys improve the motors…really I do. I’d love to do it and will do in the near future now that I’ve got my truck design down. I just don’t know why you guys pile up on me cause I use off-the-shelf motors. I do that because I know they work already. I just concentrate on the trucks. There’s no point making the best and most powerful motor if your truck will bend.

1 Like

Man, you’re a straight up troll. I don’t know if you’re mad at me cause I got out of hubmotors and made DD and now everyone is jumping on that bandwagon, or what.

That’s what I meant by coming up with something revolutionary. Or don’t you want me to say that cause it’s affecting hubmotors. Really, do your thing. If you think hubmotors are fine then do it, prove it, offer it, anything really. Just don’t stop people from innovating. You’re so sour.

EDIT: Or is because of the YADA, YADA, YADA part? Lol

No point continuing looking for the origin then. We seem to be detouring towards a diversion. Next time don’t make giant ego claims.

Think it’s proven based on what I posted , despite what you write about no prior art and coming up with something revolutionary, not the case. You literally took someone else’s design seemingly exactly.

So there it is…ego claim…hmmm.

Damn guys… The World is watching you

4 Likes

I can’t speak for hummie (and he yells at me everytime I do, haha), so I’m not.

I don’t mean to team up on you and pile you down. Just want to make sure you put custom motors on your radar! I want to see you succeed.

In our case, the truck wasn’t as important, as we can use off the shelf trucks. Direct drives can’t and really do require a custom truck. This meant a lot of the focus was on wheel and how that interfaces, as well as the motor itself, in our case.

I feel you. I’ve been pushing john to formalize a business like yours for 2 years now, and it’s not any closer to happening. Without starting from something, you can’t make a profit to make tomorrows thing. Johns solution was just time (to make money from working) and pre-orders to make it happen. But now it’s the same situation for the next batch, where’s the money coming from? Only option now is a kickstarter, but that means formalizing a business.

I just want to make sure you don’t forget about the motor and it’s importance in the drive!

1 Like

Exactly.

Buy from Dexter, at least he knows how to conduct himself professionally. Hell the product might not work but you can be certain he will fix it, stock it on the shelves by the hundreds and deliver next day with full support.

Something a lot of other people here need to learn before they start claiming to be esk8 messiahs

7 Likes

What? I didn’t claim anything and just here so people realize the origin wasn’t u despite what u say

No messiah here, I’m here to give respect to others. The real others. He could be selling cheese and claiming he invented string cheese and I’d call him on it. And then he diverts to me. Go get Marc. I’ll get him and quote him for you here!!

I’m sorry guys, I also know it’s getting nowhere. I can’t even follow his train of thought. I’m just here to defend myself from all these. I actually need to build.

@brenternet lol why thanks… of course the product will work… It’s been tested :smile: Not that difficult to build a motor though. :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Hopefully the rest of the world has better comprehension skills and see through your big bogus claims Don’t claim to be the originator and all good

2 Likes

I had enough faith to pay for them! Worst case scenario and all that.

3 Likes

How about this, did I also copy this from someone? Please copy and paste it so the world can know also

Or this one, a pedal controlled board with mechanical braking

20140315_124920

20140223_113743

I am proud of what I’ve done and have not put down any one’s work or achievements. I even accept TB’s own DD and have not pulled a Jason. You on the other hand, seems to be obsessed with me and is trying to troll me and malign my character. Please keep posting, it’s easier to collect the evidence that way.

2 Likes

a6e3a0eb26becab23aad2298b09b3424

7 Likes

Troll mode on

The most important question is did you improve the cooling of the motor ??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Troll mode off

3 Likes