Sofu S3 | HAYA | 12S4P VTC6 + Modular Holders | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | Maytech 6880 190kv | Unity | FeatherRemote | 18-20:33 100mm

Bahahaha

1 Like

It’s pretty durable stuff, especially for protecting the places you won’t be standing on all the time. It’s used on car wheels and even on whole cars. Best part is that it stays put until you want to remove it, then it peels off completely clean like a big rubber sticker. Prep work and building up a thick enough layer are key to this stuff lasting a long time.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe the axle is bottoming out before it pushes all the way in? You can check by putting the axle on with no spacers, measure the exposed axle, then your spaces need to be 5 to 8mm longer than that to get full compression.

If not, I would not worry about it, so long as they are tight on the hanger.

Yeah I’m not worried either, they are pretty solidly on there…

Replaced the bad p group, but the new ones are too much incorrect voltage for the BMS to balance. Now balance charging the group individually via two USB chargers at 4.2v2a… image

6 Likes

What, do you think, caused the bad p groups?

I’m pretty sure one of my phase wires shorted to the heatsink of the unity… Though I’m not sure how that killed the p group directly…

1 Like

Mmmm burn, if the unity is still alive you lucked out? Just some wire routing work no?

Yeah unity is still totally alive and well! I’m blessed by great hardware haha

Just need to make sure the wires are properly placed before I close the lid… Also wrapped it more thoroughly as well and changed routing slightly

1 Like

It’s pinch heaven in there I know :joy:

1 Like

Great idea! Would you mind explaining it a bit more?

It’s simply a 5v1a charge converting to 4.2v1a that @Winfly gave me. I put two of them together and connected them via jst for 2a. These boards are pretty cool

4 Likes
1 Like

tobi it’s basically taking the piss lol. pretty sure I’ve called you a knob before :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Great build @sofu! What motor pulley’s are you using for your 6880’s? I’m waiting on my motors and realized I don’t have pulleys with the 10mm bore.

Thank you! I got the pulleys from @dickyho, aluminum 18 and 20t. I was too scared for 20t so I went back to 18t haha

1 Like

if you want steel pulley with grub screws only. you can get some from metroboards. And if you really want to you can also order specific ones with keyway from eskating.eu.

these are 18T metroboard. image

8 Likes

Wow that’s a nice countertop with nice lighting, I wonder where you took that picture :thinking:

2 Likes

definitely didnt have to move 10 things off your counter before taking that picture. ok more like just pushing them to the side.

5 Likes

Hey gotta do manual labor for the good pics

4 Likes