Sofu S3 | HAYA | 12S4P VTC6 + Modular Holders | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | Maytech 6880 190kv | Unity | FeatherRemote | 18-20:33 100mm

@Winfly @sofu you guys sound like an old married couple! Good pics btw. I’m a little jelly how nice you guys stuff look. Good job. See ya all sat :+1:t3:

4 Likes

I really wanna try 18-20t motor pulleys with 6880s but damn. 16/36 is doing it for me! I’m afraid I will kill torque if I went with anything bigger on the motors :man_shrugging:t2:

18/33 is doing pretty nicely for me on these big motors :stuck_out_tongue: I dunno you might like it if you try it

1 Like

Haha. You’re like 40lbs lighter than me

1 Like

Why not go for typical nylon braid in some shiny silver/grey colour that would looke almost like stainless steel? Oh like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Graven-Braided-Elastic-Expandable-Sleeving/dp/B07KWFH8WC

1 Like

That’s a good point that I didn’t think of when I bought it, though this looks a lot less “metaly” than the stainless steel one. I think I would still get the stainless steel one if I were to do it over again…

Ok but can steel sleeving do this?: IMG_20190116_221954 IMG_20190116_222347

Holds like 20kg before it breaks :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I mean… I feel like steel sleeving can hold more weight than that… cause it’s steel…?

Yeah you’re right if you just pull both straight, but nylon can withstand 1000x more bends than steel, just take piece of it, wiggle back and forth, you’ll make the strands break fairly soon, repeat with nylon, you probably will spend hours and nothing…

But ok ok, you want shiny, steel sleeve is fine xD

If you’re using steel sheaths but you need to move wires you can glue tiny craft neodymium magnets into the deck and the sheaths will stay there unless moved, but don’t do it to sensor wires. We use it for robotics occasionally

My mounts looking great with those black marc88 plates. Is there any clearance to the SR base plate with those huge motors? Looks tight.

1 Like

There’s not a huge lot of clearance with three 6880s. I can rotate the mount down for clearance but I would gather not have the mount parallel to the ground. Post you a pic later.

Yeah it’s tight if you put it up… I had to make the mounts basically parallel with the ground then adjust the angle with the gbomb brackets… thank god I have these brackets :stuck_out_tongue:

IMG_5009

2 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot to post a preview of the griptape

8 Likes

And the printed power button and charge port panel is in! image

16 Likes

How did you change the color of the switch led?

It didn’t change it’s white by default.

1 Like

Oh crap that looked like it was blue to me. :joy::joy:

Yeah it’s blue-ish. Not exactly white.

1 Like

Interesting, my unity switch is white. I asked because sometimes it’s hard to see in daylight.